"Hey Anika, what's up? Is your friend a new joinee here?" asked Shivay lightly and smiled at the new guy, who looked up at him and smiled back in return.

"Yes, Daksh is an exchange student, who would do his last sem with us" she curtly replied without even looking at him and kept scheming through her notes. This angered Shivay, why couldn't Anika bring up the topic that she was angry for once? Then it was so much easier to explain things! Silly Anika he thought. But before he could probe further, the new guy spoke to him.

"Hi mate, I am Daksh. Daksh Zaveri. I joined for this semester. Nice meeting you! And you are?" he asked politely.

"Hey buddy, I am Shivay. Shivay Singh Oberoi. Welcome to our college. I guess you will see a lot of me around, as you are now an extended part of our group" smiled Shivay, as he played and age old advice in his mind,"keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"

"Aah, thanks mate. But how am I an extended part of your group?" he asked surprised. Shivay smiled, so Anika wasn't very close to him, considering she never mentioned them to him.

"Through Anika here of course." But before he could detail it out further, Anika spoke to him.

"My best friend Om is actually a part of his gang of friends, that way" she told Daksh without looking at him. This infuriated Shivay, so now only Om was her friend and they were of course Om's gang not her's. Yeah right - he had had enough, he coldly added, "Yeah, she loves hanging out with Om, and as a result we end up seeing a lot of each other. Anyways, you need something, let me know" with that he and Daksh nodded at each other and Shivay walked away from them with a brisk pace with irritation and fury clearly written on his face. What does this Anika think of herself?

***

Anika sat through the next lecture, suddenly very aware of Shivay's glances at her and his angry soot black eyes. To say the least, she was hurt - when she told Daksh she wasn't in Shivay's group and only hung out with them through Om, it was her way of telling Shivay how hurt she was, and she wouldn't be a part of their group anymore - she atleast expected Shivay would contradict her once? No. He gladly accepted her leaving their group - that's how less he cared thought Anika tearfully. Om was right. But why was he glancing at her thus? Why did he look angry? Maybe because she wasn't at his service to give him company when the rest of the gang failed turn up? Thought Anika with hurt in her eyes.

Shivay breathed a sigh of relief when Om arrived after the second lecture, he casually sat by him and they were merrily chatting - Shivay was feeling much better, though he still kept looking over at Anika and Daksh - just to understand their dynamics of course - they seemed to be rapt in some conversation he noticed - new toy he thought in irritation towards Anika.

Om suddenly noticed Anika's absence from the seat behind and wondered thoughtfully, Anika seriously meant business this time, he smiled in relief, and just to check on Shivay he enquired about her.

"Bro, where is Anika? Tia I know will join post lunch." Shivay gave him a dark look and glanced towards Anika's new seat, "She is no more a part of this group." He muttered and then added, "Can't thank my lucky stars enough" he finished, not at all sounding convincing. But Om didn't hear the latter, his eyes followed Shivay's gaze and he smiled. Then without excusing himself, he went over to them, and soon to Shivay's dismay, Om was enthusiastically chatting with Daksh and Anika. Shivay sighed in impatience - this had to be the most horrible day in his life.

During lunch, when Shivay and Om walked to the cafeteria, it was jam packed as usual, and there was no place. When they were about to walk away they heard a man's voice from behind, asking them to join him - he turned to see Daksh, anger hit Shivay once again and he was about to walk out when he saw Om wave his hand at them and walked towards them - he had no choice but to follow.