Chapter four

Nicole’s P.O.V

When I got home, I didn’t have the energy to go and pick Will up from grandma’s. I told her that I’ll come first thing in the morning...then I just needed to call Alex. She was probably dying to find out what had happened. No matter how much I was tired I had to do that. I dialled her number. Just after first ring she picked up.

“TALK!” she ordered and I laughed at her reaction.

“Why don’t you come over? I’m alone, bored and tired.” I said suggesting.

“I’m on it!” she said and hung up.

The only thing on my mind was that this was the best day of my life and I hadn’t had them that much. I slipped out of my outfit and into sweatpants and an oversized hoody. I was putting my hair in a messy bun when I heard Alex yell from the hallway “Start talking! I can’t wait to hear everything!” she was so excited.

“Hello to you, too... Sit down...” I said jumping on my white couch. She sat beside me and the look on her face was priceless. She looked like a five year old ready to hear a bedtime story. I had to admit that I couldn’t wait to tell her about my trip with the lads. I took a deep breath and started... As I talked a little film inside my head was playing and I even remembered the smallest details.

“...You know that Kalemegdan is one of my favourite places in Belgrade...” she nodded  “Well I couldn’t find the worst moment to remember why and I started crying. In that moment, Harry sat beside me and asked me what’s wrong and at first I didn’t want to tell him, but he’s really stubborn and he wouldn’t give up until I told him. At the end, I told him my life story and I couldn’t believe that I confessed to Harry Styles – the Harry Styles. And it had to happen sooner or later, but I started crying - again - and you know me - I hate crying in front of people, but when he hugged me I felt so protected and... I-I just don’t know... I liked it.” As I thought of that moment which was my favourite of the night, I felt butterflies going wild inside my stomach. I guess I do like Harry. There’s no point to deny it, ‘cause I do have a little crush on him. But I mean, who doesn’t? Have you met him? Have you seen him? He’s kind of perfect!

Her eyes widened and she started yelling as she jumped on my couch “HARRY STYLES HUGGED YOU?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!” I shook my head and smiled at her as she continued “OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! And what did happen after that?” she asked with her normal tone.

“I know that you’re gonna yell at me because of this, but I kind of acted like nothing happened...” I said already prepared for the lesson she was about to give me.

“Actually, I’m not going to yell at you, but you hugged Harry Styles!” she squealed.

There was a little break in our conversation before Alex spoke up “Hey, would you introduce me to them? Pretty please!” she made puppy dog eyes.

“Please, tell me you’re not a fan!” She narrowed her eyebrows at me.

“I’m not a fan, I’m a Directioner – there’s a difference.” She said dead serious.

“Sorry, Alex, but I think that was the last time I’ll see them. Yes, they are normal boys but at the end of the day they wouldn’t hang out with me. I don’t see why they would. And Harry probably hugged me just because I was crying. And that actually sucks, ‘cause I kind of like him...”

“Bummer... I really wanted to meet them...” she said disappointed.

“I’m sorry baby...” The door bell rang. It’s 11pm. What normal person comes to knock on your door at this time? “You’ll meet them someday. I’m sure you will. Can you get that? I’m so tired that I can’t move.” Alex nodded and went to the front door.