~

"How was school today?" Crystal asks Naila as she places her snack on the table.

"Interesting to say the least," Naila replies.

"How so?"

"So you remember my friend Michael—the one you met yesterday?"

Crystal pops a grape into her mouth. "Yes, the nice looking young man with the Afro."

"He has an Afro?" Naila gasps. She was always fascinated by people who wore their hair in an Afro. To her, when she was able to see, it was the most interesting thing to view. "Does it look fluffy?"

"Yes Nai it looks fairly fluffy," Crystal says, giggling at her sister's fascination.

"Wow." Naila sighs, "I can only imagine."

"So," Crystal starts to keep her mind off of her situation. "What about him?"

"Michael has a girlfriend named Brittany and Brittany is..." Naila pauses once she realizes she is about to tell her sister about her bully. "...a very overprotective girlfriend."

"Well aren't all girlfriends?" Crystal questions, confused by her sister's statement.

Cheating ones? Right. Naila thought to herself.

"Anyways, Michael gave me his varsity jacket to wear because he thought I was cold—"

"And let me guess," Crystal interrupts Naila. "She saw you wearing it?"

"Yes and made a whole scene in class and outside of class," Naila scoffs.

"Nai if I had a boyfriend and I saw some other girl wearing his jacket, I'd react the same way."

"But if you were cheating on your boyfriend, would you even care?"

Crystal processes what Naila says and shakes her head. "How do you know?"

Knowing exactly what she's talking about Naila replies, "I overheard her talking about cheating on him in the restroom the other day."

"Does he know?"

Naila sighs, "I think he does but I'm not quite sure."

"You know you can't tell him right? Especially since you guys just became friends," Crystal takes a sip of her drink, but stops when she notices someone walking to their house.

"Yeah I wasn't planning on it," Naila says. She takes a bite of her turkey sandwich and thinks about the information she's keeping from Michael.

"Speaking of Mr. Fro," Crystal whispers to Naila. "Hi Michael!"

"Hello—Crystal was it?" Michael smiles nervously, hoping he got it right.

"Yes it's Crystal! You can come in the gate, I was just about to go inside," she smiles while standing up from her seat.

Once Michael makes it inside he walks up to Naila and greets her. "I hope you don't mind me being over here—"

"No Michael it's okay—you can take my seat and have that other half of turkey sandwich if you'd like. Also there's grapes and I can go inside and get you something to drink—"

"I'm fine, thank you Crystal. I had a snack before I came here," Michael says.

"We're okay Crys, thank you," Naila counters.

Crystal smirks then turns around to into head to the house. "Alright you kids have fun!"

"What are you doing here Jackson?" Naila asks, taking another bite of her sandwich.