Chapter one, "-the woman you love."

Authors note
This short fanfic is based off of the AU above. I don't own the idea, or the characters. Just this story.

-About the story-
P.O.V:
Third Person
Warnings?:
• Cheating (and the implied glorification of cheating)
• Implied sexual activity
• Drinking
Main characters:
• Magnus Bane
Alexander Lightwood

• Isabelle Lightwood
• Jace Wayland
• Lydia Branwell
—————

Alec rolled onto his side, eyes dull and dark as they rested on the peaceful face of his fiancé Lydia. He had a persistent chill in his spine every time he laid eyes on her. It wasn't resentment as such, but nerves? It didn't matter anyway, it wasn't like he had much of a choice.

He clenched his teeth and traced her delicate features with his sunken gaze. She really is beautiful. Even now, sleeping and without makeup, the light shining in from the window behind her, she is beautiful. But, is beauty really enough? Her family is well respected, the reputation of his own family name laid under the sheets between them.

He reached up a gentle hand to push away the hair on her face, which seemed more like a barrier amidst them. But just as his fingers graced her cheek, she grimaced at him in her sleep, and turned her back. His hand was left hovering mid air like a hummingbird, but, a lot less graceful.

He sighed, lowering his hand and turning onto his stomach, his arm bushing across her blouses, his shoulder grazing her upper back. Magnus's words banged around in his head like an awful hangover, and he could not —and would not—forget them any time soon. Almost as if he was experiencing auditory hallucinations and were trying to hide from Magnus's caring words, he covered his ears with his pillow, hiding his face in the soft silk.

The pillow quickly heated with his harsh hot breath, but he didn't lift his head until he physically couldn't breathe through the fabric.

"Tell me you're in love Lydia, and I'll stop," that's what Magnus had said, as if he had any right to question the union of the young shadowhunters who had recently engaged. Alec was short of breath at the demand —or bargain—that he was at a loss of words.

Alec felt an odd feeling he had never been forced to feel before. The butterflies in his chest had upgraded to moths. His skin was hot to the touch whenever Magnus was around, and he was reduced to a cold sweat because he couldn't think of anything more worth his fear, or confusion, than the high warlock.

"You have a decision to make. I will not ask again." Alec's eyes watered with hot angry tears that stung his cheek for all of three seconds before he was whipping them away as he sat up completely.

He was getting married today, and it scared the living shit out of him.

—————

Jace greeted Alec with a happy expression as the groom dressed himself, an expression of which looked as though it was hiding a more solemn one. Jace wanted to be happy for his parabatai, wanted to be proud of the pair who were about to be bonded together in holy matrimony. But, he wasn't happy. It was wrong and it was painful. Alec deserves better. None of the people involved deserves this. Jace handed him his bow tie, patting his brother on the back.

"You're making me nervous," Alec sighed out, straightening the bow tie before glancing up at his brother through the mirror. Jace let out a harsh laugh, one that felt more mocking than as though he found something humorous. Alec smiled at him through their reflection to ease the tension and looked away to fix his cuff links.