I SAW HIM

Someone sends me letters of  eyes,
On wrong addresses like these.
Somehow there are needles pinching me.
It seems they desire my attention.

He approaches,
Yet the spark of his words do leave his lips.
His eyes are not on the path of shamelessness, it seems .
Though his smile is an attempt at friendship.

Dearest friend I admire.
Yet something so innocent seeks my attention.
How can it be?
Such vulnerability he brings with him,
I battle to understand.

My heart consoled by his presence.
Wonder fills my mind with questions yet not asked.
Somehow my heart acknowledges his resemblence.
Somehow?

ANALYSIS OF THE POEM

SUMMARY: TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND

Someone is looking at her from a distance. She can feel a set of eyes looking her direction. And she does not know what to do. She says that maybe he is looking at the wrong person. Maybe the stare is for one of her classmates standing in front of her. She doesn't believe it until the stare of his eyes are intense and is directed purely on her. She tries to move but she feels as if he is still looking at her. She looks away but can't help looking at him. She notices that looking at him is something she does involuntarily without her own consent. He in other words does not budge.

She tries to avoid him but he makes his way towards where she was sitting with her classmates . He greets her with the sole intention of only hearing her answer the greeting. His glare at her still so intense. He says things to her that make her think that he is not even close to being shameless and if anything he requires only a bond of friendship from her. He continues to say a lot of things but he hints at the fact that he wants to be friends with her. So she looks at him with the intention to see if his eyes speaks the same language as what he requests. She then grants him the ability to be her first guy friend. Although she does not understand the reason behind her sudden decision.

She sees him as a friend but struggles with the fact that he is so innocent and handsome, so why would a guy like him in a new school like this ask for friendship in a group where weirdness is a definite goal. Why does he go to such extreme lengths to meet her? He shocks her beyond her own ability to understand. Suddenly her questions are all answered. After meeting him and spending time with him she feels as if she has grown up with him. As if they were childhood friends. He is no longer a stranger to her. But still she asks herself how he Came to be here with her. And somehow she can't get the strength to come up with an answer because her heart has made up its mind about accepting him as her own best friend. Somehow?