Bobajob Series 1 Episode 1: Zeppelin

ZEPPLIN

EXT. LOCATION 1. THE CAR BOOT SALE

Bob wanders around the car boot sale with his 12 year old stepson johnny and his young 5 year old son Billy.

Johnny is holding an old exhaust pipe.

JOHNNY 

What do we need an old exhaust pipe Bob?

BOB 

Remember the other day when we were driving the fiesta down that old bumpy road in Halifax?

THE EXHAUST PIPE IS OBVIOUSLY NOT FOR A FIESTA ONE

JOHNNY 

What the no through road you drove into to avoid the police after you attempted to drive the fiesta on two wheels to impress them three birds?

BOB 

It worked didn't it?

JOHNNY 

Only because your immense weight forced the car to tip over. If it wasn't for that police car smashing into the back of us it would never have righted its self.

BOB 

Anyway, when the exhaust fell off on that bumpy old road, I bet you wished you had an old exhaust pipe then.

JOHNNY 

The exhaust fell off because it wasn't a road. It was a public footpath, full of boulders and potholes. It was lucky you wrapped all that tape around the car, or we would have never survived that narrow alleyway at the end of the path.

BOB 

Anyway, we got out of it in one piece. It's lucky the fiesta is a small car, or it would never have squeezed through.

JOHNNY 

It didn't. We had to call dodgy Chris to pull us out with his tow truck. Remember, he charged you \u00a350.

BOB 

Never mind. The point is, the police didn't catch us and we needed an old exhaust pipe. The next time the exhaust falls off, we'll be prepared. Besides, it only cost 50p.

Bob goes over to a stall that is selling yards of police tape.

Johnny sees a sign on a stall that says;

WE PAY CASH FOR YOUR UNWANTED JUNK

The stall is run by an old toothless man, known only as Pound, who is a local trader.

JOHNNY 

How much will you give me for this old exhaust?

POUND 

Pound.

JOHNNY 

Done!

Johnny collects his pound and walks off to look at some more stalls.

Bob and Billy approach Pounds stall. Bob is holding a large reel of police tape.

BOB 

Hey look, an old exhaust. It looks just like mine. How much is it mate?

POUND 

Pound.

BOB 

Hah. I bought one just like it over there for 50p.

Bob looks around the stall and a few things catch his eye.

BOB (CONT'D) 

(Picking up a toy car) Here mate, how much is this?