Chapter One

Natalia looked one last time at the city outline over the tree line. She nudged her black Fresian Nightingale forward. she silently said goodbye to everything and everyone she ever knew. she was finally free after all the schooling and the nagging from her parents to get a degree in anything but mythology or anything out of the ordinary. she never felt like she belonged in her family shewas always the odd one out. while her sisters were looking for prom dresses she was looking for a new archery set that she had seen in the sporting goods store. there was never a day that her parents never found her up in a tree with a book. She loved nature. Instead of going to doctors she did everything with plants and herbs. She always wanted to get away from everything. to be one with nature.

She looked diffrent from all her sisters. They had dark brunette hair and blue eyes like their parents. she had long perfectly curled dark radiant red hair with piercing green orbs like dark marble. She was small and petite and paled about her screamed Mermaid. Her friends used to call her Ariel.

She hummed a song she had learned from one of her favorite books "Lord of the Rings." it was an elvish song that was about love at first sight. she didnyt believe in it but the song was beautiful. she cameto a stop at a clearing she set up camp and gathered some wood and started a fire. She unloaded everything from Nightingale. She took out her matching short swords Silme and her sword Isilme they were made with opal and silver. She sat by the fire and sharpened themshe sheathed them in their sheath. she climb up into a oak tree and settled on a branch. she closed her eyes and drifted to sleep to the sound of the wind.

The next morning Natalia was awakened by the sounds of voices below her she sat up and slowly desended to the last tree branch so that she could see who was speaking. She saw two men with long dark brown hair and crystaline grey eyes. they were quietly speaking to each other in a strange language she couldn't understand.

"Dan do you think Adar will like this horse it is such a beauty. it would be a great present for him since Naneth left him." one of the men said " Yes it is very majestic fit for a Lord or King. Just like Ada." the other replied Dan mounted Nightingale Natallia jumped down with her swords at had " Hey! Get off of my horse!" she yelled. They both turned to her and looked at her with a strange look. " Dan have you everseen such a small ellith?" " Ellith? What do you mean I am a Human not an elf she replied in Sandrin. She reached up to her ear and traced it to the tip she gasped " How could this happen she started to get light headed. she then fainted.

I know it's short but I'm just getting started. Please review and vote. Thank you