Chapter Twelve

I am so sorry it has been very hectic for me lately. I have hardly any time to write. I hope you enjoy this chapter and thank you to all my followers and who continue to support my writing.

Natalia's eyes opened first thing she noticed was that she wasn't in pain. She knew the arrow should still be there and that the orc blade should have killed her. She stood up and noticed that there was now arrow and that her face was cut free. She looked around and realized she was no longer on the road towards the golden wood. But in a dark cavern. Hello is anyone here. She yelled but all she received was the echo of her own voice. She started to make her way down the narrow path it suddenly turned sharply Natalia stopped dead in her tracks at the sight in front of her. Laying the ground was every person she had ever met or saved from death. She started to walk through the bodies. She had begun to cry. They were all dead bloodied and killed. She fell to her knees when she came to the end of all the bodies to see Elrond and Arwen laid next to eachother. She began to sob. Suddenly a dark mist formed above them. You have failed them oh great and powerful Armathor. Look at what you failed to do. Your friends and lover lay dead because of you. The dark mist spoke in an menacing tone. No you lie they are alive this isn't real. She yelled at it. Look even your secret lovers are dead it pointed to the bodies that resembled thranduil and haldir. They gave you everything only for you to fail. It spoke. No this isn't real. Get away from me. Be gone you are a poison. I will never fail them. She replied as she stood up and grabbed a sword from the ground she ran towards the mist and pierced it. The sword went through the mist. The mist began to scream in pain and writhe then disappeared to nothing. Natalia looked back at the ground. Also the bodies had turned to dead tree branches. She sighed to herself. Suddenly the wall of the cavern opened up and a blinding light shined through. She cautiously stepped into it. As the light engulfed her a searing pain in her side and face ran through her body she began to scream in pain and closed her eyes then she felt her body begin to fall. She suddenly opened her eyes and was met by the sight a healers frantically trying to recluse her wound on her side. From the corner of her eye she could see Haldir looking on with worry...

Haldir watched with horror as the woman he loved began to scream. He could do nothing but watch. His eyes met hers and he saw that she was looking at him. He walked up to him. He grasped her hand. She seemed to calm down at his touch. The healers were able to reapply the bandages to her side. Then they were gone. Haldir stayed. Natalia kept blinking and staring at him. How long have I been out she asked softly. Two weeks he replied. She sighed the winced in pain from her side wound. I feel like I've been ran over by a bunch of horses she said as she stared up at the ceiling. She then realized she could only see out of one eye. Haldir truthfully how bad is my face. She asked it look bad now but once it's healed there should only be a faint pink scar. He replied i should let you rest. He said as he started to stand. No please don't leave I need you here. Please . She begged there was tears falling from her eyes. Of coarse. I will be here when you wake up I will always be here for you. He replied and kissed her hand.

A few week later Natalia was training with haldir. She had to restrengthen her body and learn how to fight with only being able to see from one eye. Her side wound had fully healed and her wound on her face was almost healed. She thought of how thranduil would be teasing her now that she had a similar facial scar. She trained for endless hours. Until Haldir deemed her strong enough to return to her duties as the Armathor. Natalia was p walking back to her room with Haldir when she heard a familiar voice that she wished she would never hear again. Haldir I was wondering if I would get to see you. I would have thought you would be at the borders awaiting my arrival with my daughter Arwen. Haldir turned around. Lady Celebrian it is good to see you I am glad you made it here safely. He saw that Natalia had continued walking to her room. Yes well we prayed to the Armathor for safe travels. And was blessed that we had no problems. Celebrian replied. Yes the Armathor is a great and mighty protector. Haldir replied. Well I hope to see you tonight at our welcoming feast. I want to introduce my daughter to you and your brothers. She said he smiled politely I will definitely be there and I can't wait to meet Arwen. If you will excuse me I need to make sure my friend has made it back to her room safely. He replied and walked away before she could reply. Celebrian watched him leave. She wondered who the Elleth that was walking with them was and why she hadn't stopped and showed her respect. She left and returned to her and Arwen's quarters to ready themselves for the feast.

Haldir caught up with Natalia just as she opened her door. Natalia wait. Are you okay. Why did you leave like that without acknowledging lady Celebrian. He asked she turned back to him it's nothing you need to worry about haldir. Remember I can't show my face to anyone. I need to go change into my uniform after tonight I will be resuming my position as Armathor. I'll see you tonight. She hugged him he wrapped his arms around her waist and held her close he breathed in her scent of honey and vanilla. Natalia will you accompany me tonight? He asked softly. She looked up at him. Yes I will she replied he leaned down and kissed her cheek. Then I will come get you later tonight. She blushed okay I will be ready. He left her to go get ready.

Natalia bathed quickly then dressed herself in her Armathor uniform minus her weapons. But she did keep a small dagger on her hip. She looked at herself in the mirror. She could see the remnants of her scar over her eye. She sighed to herself. She heard a knock on her door. She opened it to Haldir standing there she smiled at him. You ready. He asked yes i am. They made their way to the dining hall. Everyone was there Celebrian was sitting beside her parents with Arwen next to her. They stopped so that they could be announced. Haldir marchwarden of lolthrien and Our great protector Armathor. Arwen looked up in surprise and excitement when she saw Natalia walk in. Armathor I didn't know you were here! She exclaimed as she stood up and ran to her. She hugged her tightly. Natalia smiled yes Arwen I am staying here only for a little while. So that I can heal from my injury. I will be leaving in two days. Natalia replied aw oh well at least I can introduce you to my mother. Arwen took her hand and pulled her over to her table mother I want you to meet my friend the Armathor. Arwen said excitedly. It's very nice to finally meet you Lady Celebrian Natalia said and bowed. Yes well you not at all what I expected. I'm surprised our Valar chose a Elleth like yourself to be our great protector. Obviously you can't even protect yourself from harm how can I expect you to protect me or my people she replied with a slight sneer. Natalia clenched her fist tightly at her side as she ignored Celebrian. Yes well I was surprised as well but also honored that the Valar have chosen to bestow upon me one of the greatest honors in which I will be greatly rewarded once this war is over. Unlike some elleth whose only reward in their life is to be a breedmare or just a pretty face to have on an Ellons arm. If you will excuse me I must speak with our Lady and lord. I shall see you later Arwen. Natalia said then walked away and towards the high table. Celebrian was in shock at how she was spoken to. She stood up and left the hall calling for Arwen to follow.

Galadriel had watched to entire exchange from her seat and was smiling to herself. I see you have handled yourself quite well against my daughters jibes. Galadriel commented while smiling yes my lady she can be quite a hassle. But not a hard one to deal with. Now with your permission I plan to leave in two days to continue my travels. Natalia replied of coarse my dear where do you plan to go. Galadriel asked I'm not sure I think I will just let the prayers and the Valar guide me. Natalia replied she then bowed then left the hall.

Two days later..

Natalia was finishing strapping up her horse while Arwen was sitting on a bale of hay watching. When are you coming back? She asked. On your begetting day. Natalia replied. Why not sooner will you stay for a few days when you come back? She asked. No Arwen I won't I will be very busy I will probably only have time to see you and give you your present with a small sword lesson. I'm sorry little one. But I have spoken to Lord Haldir about giving you lessons while I am gone and while you are staying here. Natalia replied oh okay thank you Arma. Arwen replied sadly Natalia finished then mounted her horse she reached down and pulled Arwen up onto the horse in front of her. Arwen laughed as Natalia made her way to the city gate. once they made it there Natalia put Arwen back down on the ground then dismounted. Haldir was standing nearby waiting for her he walked up and hugged her tightly. Be safe Natalia. he whispered in her ear and kissed her forehead. I will she replied and smiled at him she then hugged Arwen tightly. Then mounted her horse and rode away from the city. Do you think she will come back safely?  Arwen asked.  Yes she will she always comes back. Haldir replied as he watched her silhouette dissappear from sight.

Please review and vote. I really love to hear your feedback.