Chapter Eight

The sun was just coming over the horizon when Natalia began to ride again. She had stayed the night in a hidden cave. At this rate She would reach Lolthrien by nightfall. She urged Nightingale forward. She silently hummed to herself to help keep her mind away from the pain. By sunset she reached the edge of the golden wood. She focused her eyes as the sky darkened. She got off her horse and grabbed the reins. She walked the path with her horse following behind. She listened to the forest sounds until it had become deathly silent she could sense eyes on her she took out her bow and notched an arrow in caution. Suddenly four figures dropped to the ground in front of her. Welcome Lady Natalia of Imaldris. Our Lady Galadriel has been expecting you. The tall Elon said to her and motioned for her to follow. Two hours later they arrived at the city gates. Natalia looked around in awe. The city was full of beauty. The light reflected off the city making look like starlight. They led her to the middle of the city. They climbed a large staircase. Once they got to the top they stopped. Suddenly a bright white light shined in front of them revealing Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn. She bowed in respect. Lady Natalia I welcome to Lothlrien. I am glad you have arrived safely. I am sure you have many questions as to why I have asked you here. I will answer them in time. Tonight I want you to recover from you long journey. I have had a room made up for you to stay in while you live here. Haldir will show you to your room. We will speak tomorrow after you have rested. Galadriel said then the blinding light took them away. Well that's going to take some getting used too. Natalia said as she followed Haldir. He led her up two flights of stairs and across two bridges. Finally they came to a hallway with one door at the end. He opened the door and handed her the key. If you need anything just let the one of the servants know. Haldir said as he stood at the doorway. Thank you Lord Haldir. Natalia replied he nodded then left. Natalia looked around the room. There was a large bed with a canopy surrounding it. A wardrobe and a dressing table. There was a second door she opened it to reveal a simple but elegant bathroom with a running spring for a bath which was surprisingly warm. She went to her bags and unpacked them. Once she was done she placed her weapons in a trunk of the end of the bed. She then undressed and took a long relaxing bath. She had almost fell asleep. When she heard her bedroom door open. She got out quickly and wrapped her robe around her. She walked back into her room. Oh my lady I am sorry I didn't mean to interrupt your bath. I was told to bring you some food. Also to let you know if you that I will be taking care of you while you are here. My name is Vanesiel. She said as she bowed to Natalia. Thank you but you don't have to bow to me and you can call me Natalia. As you wish Natalia. I have laid out a dress for you to wear. Do you need anything else. Vanesiel asked. No that will be all thank you. Natalia replied Vanesiel bowed then left. Natalia changed into the cream white colored dress that had white sleeves and sash. She looked at herself in the mirror. She noticed that she was a little thinner than before. She sighed to herself then sat down and ate the meal of stew and bread. When she finished she placed the tray outside her door then laid down and went to sleep.

The next morning Natalia woke up early. She changed into black leggings, a tunic, and boots. She brushed her hair and put on her necklace. She made her way to the main halls. When she arrived Galadriel was already there waiting for her. Come with me Lady Natalia. She said as she turned and walked towards the garden. They came to a clearing where there was a crystal clear stream flowing out of a rock. In the middle was a medium basin. Natalia watched as Galadriel took an empty pitcher and filled it with water then pour it into the basin. Come Lady Natalia look into my mirror. Natalia walked up to the basin she peered over the edge and into the water. Suddenly the water began to stir. Then images began to play through the ripples. First there was an image of her on horse back fighting Orcs and other evil things. She was traveling back and fourth between realms. It looked like she was protecting people as they traveled the road. Then the images switched to her standing in an archway she didn't recognize. Suddenly she saw two elflings running up to her a little boy with red curly hair and grey eyes then a little girl with black hair and blue eyes. They were calling her Naneth. They pointed behind her and she saw a dark hair Ellon walking up to them his face was unclear. The last scene was of her fighting against a very large orc she had lost her balance and fell onto her back suddenly she saw his blade coming down towards her face then the water turned black and there was no more images. Natalia moved away from the basin she had tears streaming down her face. What was that she asked as the images of the two elflings ran through her mind. It is a possibility my dear. The order of things is not certain. But the first one is for certain. You were brought here to be a protector or guardian of the roads between realms. You will spend the rest of your days protecting the innocent who travel on them. When you sail to the undying lands you will be given the highest respect almost a high as the Valar. Before I send you out you will train in combat and magic until I deem you ready to begin your calling. Galadriel explained. I understand but the elflings they were calling me Naneth. Are they my children in the future or was it an image of what would have happened if I never misscarried. She asked I can not say for the mirror is not always correct. Galadriel replied. Natalia nodded. She didn't want to know about the last one. In case it was her death. Come child I will show you to the training grounds. Natalia followed as they walked Galadriel spoke softly I know you are already very skilled with your weapons but you need to refine them to perfection. You will train with my Marchwarden Haldir. And I have sent word to mithandir to come tech you the magic you will need to know. Natalia nodded in understanding. They arrived at the training grounds one more thing Natalia under no circumstances are you to be seen by lord elrond or tell him who you are. Once your training is done I will have an disguise that you are to wear. No one is to know that it is you. You will be only known as the Armathor. Galadriel said looking at her with a serious look in her eyes. OK but can i at least check up on them once a year. As long as i am not seen. She asked yes you may but only from a distance. Now this is where I leave you. I will see you at dinner. Galadriel said as she turn and left.