Chapter Twenty: Living in the Centre

Rosalie ignored the paparazzi as she walked down the street with Peyton, the little girl needed some new school shoes and her mother had been forced to take her shopping; the blonde doubted Lionel would get what was needed if he was the one that was sent to take their daughter shopping.

Rosalie was wearing blue and white maternity baseball top with contrast stripe and maternity boyfriend jean with distressed rips paired with black buckled boots, she was still getting used to the media attention on her life and on her children.

It had been two weeks since the family had moved out of their home in Castelldefels to the apartment which they held in Barceloneta while the house was being remodelled and decorated; Lionel hoped the place would be ready before the birth of his second daughter.

“Mama,” Peyton whined as she was led into another shop, Rosalie glanced down at the little girl knowing what her daughter wanted and she wasn’t giving in; Peyton wanted a set of white shoes and Rosalie was all too aware how quickly they would get dirty and ruined.

“Por favor mama… I promise to keep them clean,” Peyton pleaded keeping up with her mother, she kept hold of her mother’s hand as they entered the shop; the little girl still wasn’t used to the attention that she got because she was Lionel Messi’s daughter.

Rosalie shook her head, she was now twenty-nine weeks pregnant and she knew that there wasn’t long left until they had another mouth to feed; they hadn’t even decided what they were going to call their unborn daughter yet.

“Maybe in the summer,” Rosalie said knowing that with the harsh winter that they were currently having that it wouldn’t be a good idea to get her daughter what she wanted; she needed something that would last because of the weather.

Peyton pouted as Rosalie led her to the shoe section and started to look for shoes that would be suitable for the little girl; she had a feeling that this was going to be a long shopping trip.

***

Lionel chuckled as Thiago cuddled into his arms as they walked down the street, he had been charged with making sure that the little boy got a hair-cut since his hair was starting to get a little too long.

“Papa,” Thiago whimpered as Lionel headed into the hair-dressers as he ignored the calls from the paparazzi, who were thrilled to be getting pictures of the footballer’s family while they were out for the day.

“Hola… I have an appointment for Thiago Messi,” Lionel said approaching the front desk, he ignored the woman on the reception desk who battered her eyes as she nodded her head and signed them in.

Rosalie was a close friend of the owners and he had done her and Peyton’s hair for years since they had moved to Barcelona.

“Lionel it’s nice to see you… I can’t believe that it’s time for Thiago’s hair-cut again,” the owner said appearing and greeted the footballer, he had come to their house in Castelldefels to cut Peyton’s hair when she was smaller and Rosalie was still adjusting to becoming a mother for the first time.

“Okay… so how much are we taking off this time?” the owner said as Thiago was seated on a chair at the back of the room so that the paps couldn’t take pictures of him while he was having his hair cut. Lionel sat down next to his son knowing that Rosalie only wanted a trim done.

“The same as last time…” Lionel said making the man nod his head before he started to brush the fourteen month olds hair so that he could give it a cut; he knew that the last thing that Rosalie wanted was for his hair to get out of hand while he was still only little.

***

“Papa look at my new shoes,” Peyton called hurrying into the lounge where her father was sat playing with Thiago, the little boy cooed as he spotted his mother and held up his hands wanting her to pick him up.

Rosalie smiled as she set down her bags before settling on the couch, she watched as toddler pushed him to his feet and toddled over to her; she picked him up carefully and sat him on her lap as Peyton showed Lionel her new shoes.

“They’re lovely Pey… why don’t you go and put them in your room and prepare for dinner?” Lionel said smiling softly at his daughter as he glanced at Rosalie who was admiring Thiago’s hair-cut; the little boy looked a lot better now that his hair was shorter.

Peyton nodded her head before she hurried to put her shoes in her room as Lionel pushed himself off the floor, he chuckled as he looked at his wife who was holding their son; he couldn’t wait to be a father for the third time.

“So what are we having for dinner?” Rosalie asked slipping off her black buckle boots and set them on the floor, she knew how much Lionel loved to cook for his family and for her when he had the chance; especially so Rosalie could relax while she was pregnant.

“I was thinking that we could have canelones,” Lionel said looking at his wife, he was thrilled that he got to cook for his wife more when she was pregnant; he was aware how much his wife loved to cook and she was known for kicking him out of the kitchen when she had the chance.

“I’ll go and check on Peyton… she’s got school tomorrow,” Rosalie said getting to her feet slowly, she rolled her brown eyes as Lionel smiled at her; she was starting to find it a little difficult to get to her feet as her stomach continued to grow as the baby grew inside of her.

Lionel watched her settled Thiago down in his playpen before she left, he knew that everything was going to be okay for them; he chuckled as he watched the fourteen month old start to play with his toys as he turned and headed for the kitchen, so that he could make a start on dinner.

Stepping into the kitchen, Lionel set about preparing dinner for his family, it was one of his private joys to cook for them and he would do anything for them; he loved his children and was pleased that he could give them things that he didn’t have when he was growing up.

Lionel paused as he heard Peyton chatting happily to Rosalie as the little girl headed into the living room to prepare her bag for school the next day; he smiled amused as he continued what he was doing.

“Papa have you seen my maths homework?” Peyton asked hurrying into the kitchen and looking around, Lionel glanced at her as he thought for a moment; he remembered helping her with it when she had brought it home of Friday at the lounge table.

“Have you tried the drawing room?” Lionel asked making the little blonde girl shake her head as he looked at her, she hurried out of the room as Rosalie walked in amused as she leant against the wall and watched her husband.

Rosalie didn’t know what it was but she couldn’t shake the feeling that something was coming, she just hoped that it wouldn’t cause them too much trouble before their baby was due to be born; the last thing that Rosalie wanted was for her parents to be right about her marriage to Lionel.