Chapter Four: Family Time

Lionel grinned playing in the pool with Peyton, he was glad that he had some private time with his family; he had no plans for a couple of days apart before the opening match of the season against Levante.

Rosalie rolled her eyes as she lounged around by the side of the pool with Thiago, she was wearing a blue long halter bikini top with rivet detail and boy bikini shorts with rivet detail and was enjoying the sun with her family.

Thiago pouted as Rosalie kept him from the shallow end of the pool, he was only nine months old and was already being to look a lot like his father.

“I can’t believe that he’s getting so big,” Lionel mused moving back towards his pregnant wife, he carefully reached for his son who Rosalie realised as Peyton swam about the swimming pool; the little boy squealed excitedly as he was lowered into the cool water.

“He is,” Rosalie agreed resting a hand on her stomach, Lionel looked at her worried for a moment before she shook her head; he always worried about her when she was pregnant and it wasn’t going to change now that this was their third.

“Just nausea,” Rosalie said reassuring him, she smiled as Peyton climbed out of the swimming pool and walked around to join her parents; she sat down next to her mother, who ran a hand through her blonde hair.

Lionel nodded his head as he made sure that he had a hold of Thiago as he played with the little boy in the pool, it hurt him that their children had to be known by their mother’s surname right now; he couldn't risk anyone catching on to the fact that they were his children.

***

Rosalie pulled on her blue bandeau beach cover up and her black flatform sandals as she moved out of the baking summer sun, it was the middle of August and she knew that the summer was going to be the hottest that they had experienced.

Picking up Thiago, she headed back into the cool house and couldn't help but be thankful that their home had air-conditioning; she remembered when they had first bought the home that Lionel had insisted that they buy somewhere with air-con.

“Mama, Papa says we are having a barbecue,” Peyton said bouncing out of the kitchen where she had been with Lionel, Rosalie nodded her head as she set Thiago in his playpen before she turned to look at her daughter; there wasn’t a day that she didn't wonder what would have happened if she hadn't of run away.

“You don’t you go and wash up,” Rosalie said running a hand through her daughter’s hair, she knew that she wouldn’t have made it this far if she didn't have Lionel in her life.

Peyton nodded her head before she hurried upstairs to do as she was told, the blonde watched her go as she headed into the kitchen where Lionel was getting everything that they needed out of the fridge.

“You okay?” Lionel asked looking at his wife, he had a feeling that he knew what she was thinking about and he didn't blame her; it had been a long time since they had talked about this.

“I’m fine… just thinking about my parents,” Rosalie said sitting down at the breakfast table, she watched Lionel who nodded his head; they had both cut contact with their parents and it did make them wonder what was going on back home.

“Giannina says that they still hope that I’ll come home,” Rosalie said looking at her husband, she still spoke with her younger sister who was currently living in Manchester with her own husband.

The two sisters had stayed in contact even after Rosalie had left Argentina, the two had become close and Giannina was the sole source of contact with her family; Rosalie knew that her parents were still looking for her even if she had no plans to return home.

“Do you want to see them?” Lionel asked moving towards the blonde, he knew that it had been seven years since either of them had seen their families and they both wondered if it was time for them to go and tell their parents the truth.

“I don’t know… I know that they weren’t happy when they found out that I was pregnant so I doubt they’ll be happy to discover that we are married,” Rosalie said looking at him, Lionel nodded his head knowing what she meant.

The couple had lied for the right reasons but they knew that their families weren’t going to be happy about it, they knew that there was going to be hell to pay when the truth came out.

***

Lionel pressed a kiss to Peyton’s head covering her up, he smiled down at her as he watched her for a moment; he didn't know what he would have done if she hadn't come along when she had.

“Love you,” Lionel said as he carefully moved to put the book he had been reading to her back, he smiled as he glanced at her before he headed out of the room and moved to check on Thiago; he would do anything for his children, they meant the world to him.

Lionel headed downstairs after he had finished, he knew that he could enjoy some time with his wife now that the children were asleep; he adored his children but he needed some time with Rosalie where they couldn't be interrupted.

Lionel stepped out into the warm night air and grinned as he watched Rosalie in the pool, he couldn't believe that they had been married for eight years and that they were expecting their third child.

“It’s not polite to stare,” Rosalie said swimming to the side of the pool, she smiled up at Lionel who pulled off his shirt and shoes before he carefully slipped into the pool beside her.

The footballer wrapped his arms around his wife and kissed her softly, he couldn't believe that it had been so long since he had been able to do this with her; he knew that he was protecting his family but it was going to kill him when he had to go back to the city alone.

“I wish that you didn't have to go,” Rosalie murmured wrapping her arms around his neck, she rested her head against his shoulders; she closed her eyes as Lionel held her close.

Lionel knew that she didn't like this but he couldn't just drop her in the limelight like that, his family deserved better and he wanted to do what he could to protect them for as long as he could.

“I wish that I didn't have to go, I miss you when I’m gone,” Lionel said running a hand through her hair as she looked at him, the couple knew that they couldn't go on like this forever and that sooner or later that this was going to have to come out.

“Leo por favor,” Rosalie said resting her head against his, she hated that she wouldn’t see him again until Thiago’s birthday in November, it was so far away and she didn't want their marriage to suffer any more than it needed to.

Lionel looked at his wife for a moment, he knew what she was asking him to do and his heart ached that he was causing her to suffer in some way; he licked his lips knowing that they needed to find some way of making this better.

Lionel kissed Rosalie, he would do anything for her and he was sure that he would anything to make her happy; he would sacrifice his entire career if that was what it took.