15.

The cold air strikes me as I stepped out of the apartment building for the first time in a while. My cheeks turned cold as the light snow fell on my face. Looking up, the clouds were as peaceful as ever, but they covered most of the sunlight which gave the environment an unsaturated hue. Though I enjoyed closing myself in Joji's place, it was time for the sun to touch my skin.

I wrapped my jacket around myself as a gust of air blew into my direction as I was descending the stairs to the subway. The familiarity struck me As I entered the escalators to see  rat carrying a half eaten slice of pizza across the floor.

I do not miss this

People pushed pass me as I stood to admire the rat. Suddenly someone had pushed me to tumble into another woman with her children.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry," I apologize to her and gave a death stare at the culprit. An old man wearing a red suit looked back at me with fear staining his eyes. I continued to glare at him for 5 more seconds before he disengaged in eye contact.

"Watch where you're going you whore," the lady spit at my feet in response and took her child into the train car.

I seriously wish people in New York weren't dicks

As I entered the train car, I remembered how much I missed the Moscow metro. A vivid memory of me being amazed at the mural of Lenin resonated with me as I felt the train take off into the direction of my destination.

While I made my way out of the crowded cabin, I left with a crowd of people entering Soho. Joji planned a formal date tonight, so to celebrate it, I've decided to buy myself a nice outfit for the occasion.

My phone rang signaling a text from Joji most likely.

Joji: what you up to?

Polina: shopping, enjoying myself, you know?

Joji: no I don't know. I'm chilling at the studio and I'm bored as fuck.

Polina: sounds like a personal problem to me

Joji: I feel so attacked right now, oh my God

Polina: :)

For once I feel like I can actually breathe. It felt good knowing I was with someone who cares about me deeply.

After hours of window shopping expensive stores, I come across a small boutique. I step inside to be greeted by a wall of beautiful dresses. Then it hit me, a green flor length dress. A slit in the side for my leg and small spaghetti straps for sleeves.

It's perfect

My hand gravitated towards it as I crossed the store ignoring everything else in the racks. The fabric was as soft and smooth.

"This is single handedly the best dress I've ever laid my eyes upon," I whispered to myself as I geeked out over the clothing.

The clerk walked up to me and smiled.

"Oh, I see you're interested in this dress? Here, let me get it down for you to try," the lady told me without getting a response from me. She was getting the vibe I was too interested in it to say no. She placed the garment into my arms and immediately directed me to the dressing room.

The dress fitted like a glove. It was too good to be true. I checked the price tag and was pleasantly surprised. Only 150?

That's a steal

I swiftly took the dress off to go buy it. Walking to the register, someone caught my attention in my peripheral. I bit my tongue hoping it wasn't Mason.

Fuck, he's not following me is he?

To my disappointment it was that jackass browsing the men's section. His smug face looked punchable as always.

"Hey, is it possible if you could speed this up? My ex is here and I'm extremely uncomfortable," I leaned over to the clerk. She directed her eyes at the man behind me and gave an understanding nod. She whispered something back to me, but I couldn't hear it over the loud music playing.

I left the store without looking back, the only thing I wanted to do was to get back home. It was already 4. Joji and I are going to dinner at 7, I needed the time to get ready. Tonight was the night, I can't fuck this up. If I do, I don't think I'd ever be able to forgive myself.

~~~~

I stood in the mirror looking at the abomination I made of myself. Bruises lined my entire body as I slipped on my dress. My makeup almost smeared against the collar of the dress as I carefully attempted to slide it over my broad shoulders. The fabric loosely hung off of my curves leaving room for the imagination. A leopard print faux fur coat caught my attention. Since the weather is bitterly cold, I was going to need this.

Still looking a my bruised, makeup didn't even manage to cover up majority of the bruises Joji gave me last night. We are going to a fancy dinner, it would be awkward for everyone to see how Joji has practically eaten my neck.

Just as I was thinking about him, he steps into the apartment. I heard Joji shut the door behind him and walked towards the bedroom. Fleeing to hide behind the bathroom door, I poked my head around the door to see his cute face. I didn't want him to see me yet until I have the full outfit on.

"Hey cutie," he smiles at me as he began to change into his outfit of the night. Staring at him as he changes, I'm becoming more and more needy for his love.

"Hold on, you can't see me yet, that will ruin it all," I said. Giddy with excitement, my insides felt like they were about to burst.

I opened the door to reveal my outfit to Joji, his jaw hung loose at the sight of me. He bagel to tread slowly towards me and lightly put his hands around my waist. We didn't say a word, it wasn't needed. His eyes dove into mine like he's trying to figure out my deepest secrets. Lightly, I moved away from his touch to walk to the door; he followed close behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Are you guys liking it so far? I've finally gotten back into a writing groove. Though my English teacher has berated me with grammar homework, I'm still sure I still can't write well. Sorry about that, still not good at this whole thing.

- L