One Party and One Undead Girl

(The next morning)

"So you doing anything today?" Mal asked Evie.

"Not really I just need to run out to get some more material for my designs. I'll be back." Evie said, then left.

A few minutes later there was a knock at the door.

"Did you forget your wallet?" Mal joked thinking it was Evie.

When she opened it Ben was standing there holding a box.

"My excuse to come over was gonna be that I couldn't find the ring, but then I found it on my dresser. So that didn't work. Then I remembered you still had my letterman jacket and I have some stuff you left at my place." Ben explained as he walked in.

"Sorry. I'll get that." Mal said shutting the door and opening her closet to get the jacket. "Here." She said handed him the jacket.

"Uh thanks. Where should I put this?" Ben asked holding up the box.

"Oh I'll take it." Mal said taking the box from him.

"Okay one of these days I am going to remember to grab my wallet before I leave." Evie said walking back in, then saw Ben. "Oh are you two in the middle of something? Should I wait till you're done?"

"Oh no I was just getting something and dropping stuff off." Ben replied heading for the door.

"Well it's nice seeing you. I don't really see you due to the whole king duties." Evie said hugging Ben.

"Yeah. Oh right!" Ben quickly turned back to Mal. "Remember when my parents got us those tickets for a trip to anywhere? Well I still have them if you know someone who would want them."

"Oh me and and Doug can take them. We've always wanted to get away." Evie said.

"Cool. I'll bring them to you one day I'm free this week." Ben told her.

"No rush!" She called as Ben was leaving.

"Really Evie? You're taking the tickets Ben's parents got for our engagement?" Mal questioned.

"Hey no one told you to break his heart." Evie said, then grabbed her wallet and left.

Later that night Mal was on her bed drawing and Evie walked in.

"What are you doing?! Get ready! We're going to that party soon." Evie told Mal.

"I don't know Evie. I'm not really feeling too good." Mal lied.

"Come on M. It'll be fun. Something to get you out of bed." Evie replied.

"Okay. Okay I'll get ready." Mal complained.

"And I'm putting make up on you." Evie said to Mal.

An hour later Mal and Evie arrived at the ballroom.

"This is where the party is?" Mal asked looking around.

"Yeah. Is there something wrong with it?" Evie answered asking.

"No. It's just..." Mal was saying, then saw Ben talking to some girl. "I'm gonna go grab something to drink.

"Excuse me I'll be right back." Ben said to the girl he was talking to before walking away.

He walked up to the drinks not realizing Mal was there.

"Oh hey Mal." Ben said awkwardly.

"Hey." Mal replied also awkwardly.

"Good to see you out and about." Ben told her.

"Yeah Evie told me to come." Mal replied.

"Oh hey did you hear?" Ben asked.