1

"Goodmorning miss, what can I do for you?" The cashier said with a wide smile in his face, "I'll go for caramel macchiato please." i replied repaying the smile, I paid it with cash and took the beverage and walked to the small table near the window, I took in the view as I sip on my straw.

"Can I share a seat with you?" A stranger voice said, "yeah, go ahead." I replied without even looking.

Time run by, and you felt the stranger get up from his seat, "Thank you, for letting me share the table with you." He said, "you're welcome." I replied, again without looking at him, I hear his footsteps fade away and the coffee shop door open.

I don't know how long I've been  sitting there when my phone starts ringing.

~ in coming call from Ruby♥️~

I swiped the green button and put the phone on my left ear.

"Hey where the hell are you?"

"I'm on my way!"

"Don't tell me you're in that café again?!"

"No I'm not! I'll be there in 5. Bye!"

I ended the call and get up from my seat , took my purse and run outside, I jumped on my car (I got a top down car so yeah!), And speed up to my bestfriends birthday.

Skip ride.

"Happy birthday to you ! Happy birthday! Happy birthday! Happy birthday ruby!!!" Everyone cheers as she blow up all of her candles.

The party was lit, she rented out a bar near our shared apartment, yes we share an apartment here in Los Angeles, where they say dreams do come true, but for me, I don't believe in it.

I'll tell you something about my past...

I'm from another country who migrated here in LA in pursuit of what they all called "happiness" , me and ruby are internet bestfriends and we've been talking about migrating to LA for like 2 years! And then we finally arrived!

First Few months go smooth, like literally smooth, we got money, a nice apartment, a job, and then I met Peter, he looked like Sebastian Stan, my dream guy, he asked me to go on dates with him, he brought me flowers, chocolates, everything a girls dreamed off, we're so happy together for more than a year, until one day, he walked up to my apartment door, and knelt on his knees , begging for my forgiveness, at first I'm confused, I don't know what's happening, until he spoke up saying, "I'm so sorry, I love you so much babe, I didn't know this shit would happen, I'm so sorry." He hugged me tight I could choke, "I got Maine pregnant, I'm so drunk at that time, I'm afraid to tell you this,I thought she's just saying that to get to me, but then we did a DNA test, and it's positive, I'm the father. I'm so sorry babe, I love you so much."

We stood there hugging, and him crying, chanting I'm sorry every second, I pushed a bit and cupped his cheeks, "it's alright Peter, I understand, I know how much you love me, and I love you so much too. But you have to face this, I'm letting you go." I said as tears run down my face, I plant a kiss on his forehead one last time, and smiled, as he continued to cry.

That's the last time I saw him, I wish him luck, I wish him everything in life, I hope he's alright, I hope he's doing well, I still think of him like everyday, but I know my boundaries.

The café I'm in earlier? That's where we used to hangout, on that same damn spot, the table near the window, we shared laughter, problems, stories we never told others even our own families, and dreams, dreams that we both thought that someday we'll get to fulfill, it pains me to remember those times, we dreamed of having 2 kids, owning a grand mansion in LA, giving our kids everything they could ever want, and then there was me, left alone with those dreams. Dreams that will never ever come true, but I still love him, I still cherish every moment I got to have with him, that's why I always go back there, so I won't forget how it feels like to love him, and how to be happy.

"Hey babe! Lost in thoughts again? You know what? I got something for you!" Ruby said pulling me into the dance floor,"dance with me! Forget about that dick! It's been a year okay! So stop moping around and get your ass back in the love game!" She said swaying her hips left and right, I chuckled as I tried to mimic her steps, I did it better than her cause I know how to dance, and at that moment I let the music, alcohol, and people around me drown me with them, I need to forget him, even just for tonight.

———————————————
Hope you enjoyed it!

Lei