37. Self-Destruct

Start from the beginning

Months into their relationship and she was still baffled by the idea that she didn't have to fend off an army of girls just to get Peter to hold her hand. Even though it was Peter's personality that won her over, there was no denying that physical attraction still played a role. Her eyes trailed down his frame, taking a moment to appreciate everything that made Peter Peter. The little curls messily placed atop his head. The deep indentation of his collarbones. The curve of his biceps-

"Peter put on a shirt already," Luna groaned, picking up his pillow and covering her face with it. "My mom will literally not care what you wear, so for the sake of my heart, just cover up."

A few seconds passed before Luna's hands were being moved, and the pillow was gently moved away from her face to reveal Peter's amused expression. "I can see why you're the drama club president, you drama queen."

Luna pursed her lips. "You love this drama queen."

A sly smile tugged at Peter's lips. "Guilty." He was quick to peck a kiss onto her lips, pulling away before Luna even got the chance to indulge in the sweet gesture. "C'mon, we should probably be in the living room when your mom gets here, so she doesn't get the wrong idea."

A wide grin spread across Luna's lips as she allowed Peter to tug her off his bed. "My my, Peter Parker, whatever are you insinuating?"

"Would you stop that?" Peter muttered, his cheeks heating up at his unintentional innuendo.

Luna's teeth latched onto her bottom lip to stop the giggle from slipping past her lips, finding too much joy in Peter's reddening face. With a tug to Peter's hand, she stopped him before he could leave his bedroom, the boy slowly turning to her with raised brows. Luna stepped forward, now chest to chest with him, before dropping his hand and winding them around his neck. Following her lead, Peter settled his hand on her hips, watching his girlfriend closely to anticipate her next move.

"Thanks for keeping me semi-calm for the last hour," she whispered. "I know I'm a pain in the ass, so I really appreciate you trying so hard."

Peter squeezed her hips. "You don't have to thank me, I'm just being a good boyfriend."

"Yeah, you are." Peter's breathing hitched when Luna's eyes darted down from his eyes to his lips, before purposely slowly moving back up to his lips. "My mom might be here for a while, so we should probably–"

Luna's sentence was cut short as Peter surged forward, connecting his lips to hers in a mind consuming kiss. All logical thinking flew out of the window as Peter wrapped his arms around her waist, pressing her entirely to him as Luna's hands traveled up to his hair. All it took was a slight tug of his curls for Peter's lips to part, allowing Luna entrance. Heat quickly began to build between the two teens as they stepped into unknown territory, yet neither dared to take a step away, too intrigued with this new discovery.

Peter was the first to pull back, his breathing heavy and cheeks flushed as reality set in. His eyes fluttered open to meet Luna's, forehead still pressed to hers as his chest moved up and down steadily. Luna appeared just as in awe by what just happened, a new tension in the air just begging to be further discovered. Nothing had to be said, all it took was a lock of their eyes before they found their lips reconnected, desperately trying to get as close to one another as possible.

Without realizing, the couple found themselves moving back a few steps until Peter's back was pressed against his bedroom door, Luna flush against him. Neither could think of anything but the other, bodies burning for the touch of the other. Peter's hands squeezed Luna's hips unexpectedly, causing her to tug at the curly strands weaved around her fingers. Much to his surprise, he let out a low moan against Luna's lips. He was prepared to pull away and mutter an embarrassed apology, but before he could even get an inch away from Luna, she was tugging him back in, hands eagerly running through his hair.