10. A Girl in Love

— • —

— • —

When Luna agreed to meet at Liz Allan's house early to help out, she knew she had no intentions of actually helping out. She was a stressed out teenage girl going to a rich girl's house in the suburbs, the only good thing that could come out of it was being able to sneak away with some expensive looking alcohol, and not having anyone bat an eyelash. She didn't necessarily enjoy drinking alcohol, but with the way she'd been feeling lately, it felt necessary.

Liz stayed downstairs with Liz Allan, actually helping out, while Mia locked herself in a bathroom with Luna, hoping to get the girl to sober up soon. She'd already taken away the bottle from the girl, a frown tugging at her lips as a quarter of it was empty. Luna rested in the bathtub, picking at a loose thread on her jeans.

"Look," She grinned excitedly, reaching to turn on the water, only to have Mia slap her hands away. "Hey! I was trying to be that vine. You know, I'm washing me and my clothes." Luna let out a giggle at the thought, Mia sighing in frustration as she scooted closer to the bathtub. It seemed Luna was one hell of an actress, because the girl at school was so put together, you wouldn't even be able to tell she was in the middle of a messy situation with her boyfriend. Yet here the girl was, drinking away her pain until somebody found her and put a stop to it.

Mia jumped when a knock sounded on the door, quickly scrambling to her feet to poke her head out. Liz stood on the other side, a frown on her lips. "People are starting to come, how's she doing?" Mia stepped back, allowing her friend to take a look at the girl herself. Luna grinned at the sight of the dark haired girl, waving a hand to wave at her, only receiving a sigh in response. "Don't stay up here for much longer, okay? Even if she's still tipsy, bring her down, interacting might sober her up sooner."

Mia nodded, shutting the door once Liz made her exit. She sat herself beside the bathtub again, allowing Luna to pick up a strand of her hair and twirl it around her finger. "I wonder if Peter's here already," Luna thought aloud, dropping Mia's hair as a dazed look took over her features. "He's such a good boyfriend, you know? Like the bestest."

"I bet," Mia muttered sarcastically, checking the time on her phone again.

Not sensing the girl's disinterest, Luna sighed dreamily, her head resting against the wall. "You don't even know. He really is. He's such a good person, like you know those annoying people in movies that want world peace? That's Peter. Except it's not annoying, it's really cute. So cute. Like him. If beans were people, Peter would be a bean. Lima, maybe."

She suddenly turned her head, sitting up quickly to grip Mia's arm. "I'm so in love, Mia," She cooed, a giggle following.

Mia's eyes widened at the revelation, before she quickly shook her head. "You're drunk, Luna."

"Drunk in loooove."

Mia pursed her lips. "Luna, we're barely fifteen, what do we know about love?"