Chapter Two: New Beginnings

Start from the beginning

"You're mine now," he smiled, pulling me to a stand.

"Alright..." 

I was so disoriented that I didn't realize just how wrong this was. The red flags were blazing, but I was too tired and confused to recognize them. 

I was led out of the office, into a crowded hallway. 

'Where am I?' I thought, looking around. 

Everyone was dressed in uniforms, some of them holding books and backs. I scowled. 

Am I at a school? I fucking hate school.

"Allow me to properly introduce myself now that I've save your life," The man stopped once we were at a bench, though neither of us sat down. He turned and bowed to me. I could see the top of his head and how luscious his hair looked. I bowed back, "My name is Chae Hyungwon, although originally, you mortals knew me as Hades."

My face fell, "What?

"Come on, you think someone as handsome as me would be human," he chuckled, "I was known as Hades. And you're now on Olympus with me."

This must be a dream. The plot was too damn ridiculous. 

"Sounds impossible..." I muttered, my eyes wandering to the bustling halls. 

I locked eyes with a girl whose irises changed to something amphibious after blinking. I was startled and quickly looked back at Hyungwon.

"I used to look over the underworld. Now I'm stuck here, because I've lost my spark," he grumbled, clearly annoyed with something, "Anyway, until I've decided how you can pay me back for saving your life, I'm making you my cupbearer."

"A what?" 

"Oh, right, you modern mortals don't know the lingo," Hyungwon rolled his eyes, "Cupbearers are kind of like... assistants, servants," he explained, pacing in a circle around me as he looked me up and down, "Of course you're not going to be much help to me since you're human," He scoffed at the last word, "But you'll be better than nothing."

'How is this any better than being held captive?'

I guess Hyungwon, or Hades, isn't trying to kill me. He's trying to help me out. God knows what my kidnapper had planned, and I suppose I was on the verge of dying.

Still, being a "cupbearer" wasn't ideal. 

"How long do I have to do this?" I asked, arms folded over my chest, "I have a home to go back to, you know?" I tried to look intimidating, but I'm certain that I wasn't. 

"You have no home," Hyungwon replied seriously, stepping closer to me as his voice lowered, "I am your home now. Like I said, you belong to me. Until you meet your end of the bargain, that is. Unless..." he smirked at me, his eyes dark, "Would you rather give me your soul? Then we'd be even."

I pursed my lips and stared at the ground. 

Hyungwon's not getting my soul, no matter what. 

I needed it for... 

Stuff.

So I had no choice but to stay here and become his cupbearer, until I payed him back in a huge way. But what favor could possible be as equally important as saving a life, especially to someone like Hades? 

I don't have time for this, I have a life to get back to. Right before I was kidnapped, my life was finally started looking up. I almost landed a boyfriend, and most importantly I was accepted into my dream college.

I don't have time for this demon shit!

"Anyway, to show everyone who you belong to, I've marked you as mine," Hyungwon smiled, returning to his jovial behavior.

"Marked?" I asked.

"Yes. I thought that accessory would be better than chains," He said, throwing an arm around my shoulder, walking me through the halls. My eyes landed on the hideous bracelet on my wrist, "You can't take it off... ever."

My mouth fell open in slow motion.

"E-ever!?" I yelled, coming to a halt, "I can't wear this! It's ugly!"

Hyungwon shrugged, "I mean, you can try taking it off. But it'll be harder than you think."

I pulled at the rubber on my wrist, hoping the slap bracelet would pop open and fall to the ground. But it didn't, no matter how hard I pulled. The cringey motto that was printed on the accessory played over and over again in my head.

You got it dude!

You got it dude!

You got it dude!

I was about to let out a scream of frustration when I felt someone place a hand on my shoulder. I froze, watching Hyungwon's amused expression light up before me.

'Who the hell is touching me?' I thought, freaking out internally.

"Look who finally decided to show up to school," the mystery man playfully punched Hyungwon on the shoulder, "Who is this girl you've got here, Hyungwon?" I looked up at the man, who towered over me. Though he was very attractive, he exuded a cold aura. I was immediately intimidated, even more so when he made eye contact with me.

"You're far from home, aren't you?" he smiled at me, "Just follow the light, okay?"

'What?'

It would be nice if one person here made sense around here.

"Long time no see, Hongbin," Hyungwon chuckled, "This is my cupbearer, Chae Hyeri."

'Chae?' I wondered, rolling my eyes, 'So now I gotta take his damn last name too?'

"Well, she's cute," Hongbin patted me on the head, I stiffened at each heavy pat, "Are you planning on sharing her, or...?"

"She's not that kind of cupbearer. I'm just going to make her do my chores," The two hugged quickly before walking along the crowded, cobbled halls of the school. I trailed slowly behind them. 

Part of me thought that being chained in a serial killer's basement would be better than being someone's servant forever. The severity of this situation was starting to finally come to me, and I felt lightheaded.

"Can she at least feed me grapes sometime?" Hongbin pressed.

'Man, fuck these guys.'

My lightheaded-ness finally overcame me, and I passed out.