Chapter 4

I was trying not to fall asleep in class, but the movie the teacher was playing was just so BORING. My friend leaned over and put one of her earbuds into my hand. “Hey Oli, listen to this, I just found them.” I put the earbud in and she hit play “Situations are irrelevant now.” The singer had an awesome voice. About halfway through the song I realized I had heard this voice somewhere before. “They’re good. Name?” She smiled, “Situations by Escape the Fate.” I nodded, I would have to look them up when school was out.

The day dragged on, and as the bell FINALLY rang, signaling the end of school for the week, I jumped up and ran out side, my backpack light after putting everything in my locker. I leaned against the flagpole, waiting for Amber and Cam to show up. I felt someone tap my shoulder and turned, expecting to see one of my friends, but coming face to face wit Ronnie instead. “Hey,” he said, grinning at my surprised expression. I raised an eyebrow, “Have you been here all day?” I asked him. He laughed, “No, I saw some people who were ditching and asked them when school got out.” I nodded, opening my mouth to speak when Amber came bounding up and tackled me to the ground, Cam not far behind, laughing his ass off. He stopped abruptly when he saw Ronnie, eyes going wide. “Oh. My. God. You’re Ro-,”  he was cut off by Ronnie’s hand flying over his mouth. “You can’t just YELL that out! You wanna get mobbed?” Ronnie hissed. Cam shook his head quickly and Ronnie released him. “So, what is someone like YOU doing at boring ol’ McKinley High?” Cam asked.

No P.O.V.

A slight blush crept across Ronnie’s face as his eyes flicked over to Oli and back to Cam, “No reason.” Cam raised an eyebrow, “Riiight, whatever you say, Mr. Radke, either way, I can tell.” Ronnie gave a small smirk, covering up his real emotions, “And that reason would be?” Ronnie asked cockily. Cam rolled his eyes, “Whatever,” and walked over to Oli and Amber.

Ronnie’s P.O.V.

Shit, if he really does know, he could tell Oli, then I’d be screwed. I thought as the guy ran over to the two chatting girls, I think his name was Cam, or something. I followed Cam’s lead and strolled over. “So, I was gonna head down to Starbucks, anyone wanna come?” Oli asked, looking at me. I shrugged, “I don’t have anything better to do.” I heard Cam mutter something that sounded like, “Obviously, you stalker,” but I ignored it. Amber smiled widely at me, “If he’s going, then of course I’m going.” I put my arm around Oli’s shoulders and looked warily at Amber. Oli looked up at me questioningly and I smiled at her, grinning wider when she smiled back.