"Wait, what?" Athena said.

Medusa winked. "I'm going to Jasmine. You guys have a fun lunch."

By the time Medusa arrived, Jasmine was already at their spot. It was a warm day, so Jasmine wore a thin plain tee and black joggers. She brought a light-coloured classical guitar, and appeared to be practicing scales and barely noticed Medusa's arrival. Medusa listened for a while from afar, and could not help but smile. There was something enchanting and hypnotising about a beautiful woman playing beautiful music.

"Hey, stranger," Medusa greeted softly as she slowly approached and sat across Jasmine. "You play beautifully."

Jasmine smiled and paused her playing. "Hey, Medusa."

"You're here early today."

Jasmine blushed as she set her guitar aside. "I wanted to practice a bit before I could play for you. I didn't know you'd be here so soon."

"You seem incredibly well-practiced. Can I hear you play more?"

Jasmine shook her head. "Depends. What do I get in return?" she asked playfully.

Medusa bit her lips in slight anxiousness. "I... I didn't know what to do since I have absolutely no talents, so... I made us sandwiches. I mean, it's really all I can do. Are you allergic to anything? Are you vegan? Is food okay?" She said as she set down her bag.

Jasmine grinned. "Don't worry, I eat anything. And hey, sandwich-making is definitely a talent!"

"Not as impressive as playing the guitar, that's for sure." Medusa began unpacking the sandwiches she carried in her bag, and placed them on their mat. She made four kinds, as she didn't know what Jasmine liked.

"Ah, but you can eat a sandwich, but you can't eat music, Medusa."

"And you can hear music, but you can't hear a sandwich, Jasmine."

It sent Jasmine to laughter. "That," she said, "is certainly debatable."

"Okay, you're right," Medusa said with a chuckle. She gently placed a sandwich on Jasmine's soft hands. "Here. I hope it's good. If it isn't, I'll figure out another talent for next time."

"Thank you," Jasmine said. Medusa watched in nervous anticipation as Jasmine took her first bite. Jasmine chewed slowly, as though purposely prolonging Medusa's agony.

"Is it... is it okay?"

"You," Jasmine started, then swallowed, "have to teach me how you made this. I could eat this forever!" she said before taking another bite and wiping the crumbs off her pink lips.

"Secret recipe," Medusa, in relief, replied. She was unable to take her eyes off Jasmine's lips. "Maybe—maybe I'll tell you one day."

"That's a promise."

"I promise to maybe tell you one day?"

"No maybe's, please?"

Immediately, Medusa melted at that. That meant she was going to stay in Medusa's life for a while, right? "Okay, I promise. One day."

"How was your lunch date with Aphrodite?" Medusa asked Athena when the latter returned to their home for dinner. She set down her new reading — Homo Deus, her first nonfiction in a while — and turned her full attention to the lovestruck goddess.

Athena was glowing. Medusa wasn't sure if in her entire existence she had ever seen anyone smile as genuinely happily as Athena did at that moment.