Family (part 2)

Getting into a routine was seemingly a lot harder than both Ally and Demi were anticipating. Things were great at first. There wasn't a single complaint to be had, but issue after issue was slowly beginning to arise and admittedly, they were both starting to feel a little out of their league.

Things were fine with Camila. She was actually slowly but surely coming out of her shell and showing Demi and Ally the young lady  she really was.

The trouble they were running into was actually with Lauren.

At first, the girl was excited to have a little sister and would dote over her every move. That faze however, soon faded and in place of it came some pretty sever jealously. The mothers did what they could to sooth her and remind her that she was just as loved as Camila, but the girl just didn't want to know and their words would just fly in through one ear and out the other.

It was getting to the point where it was starting to affect Camila, and once again she was beginning to cave back in on herself and appeared to be reverting back into that shy little girl they'd met at the orphanage.

They had to do something to doc it.

Demi purses her lips as she leans her elbows against the counter and watches the sight in front of her. It was almost silent, and Camila was sat next to Ally quietly talking about who knows what.

Lauren was there too, and Demi could hear that the small brunette was trying to include her in the conversation but to no avail. In fact, Lauren was simply glaring at her, and Demi could tell it was making Camila uncomfortable by the way the girl was shifting anxiously in a place.

"Camila, are you done honey?" She wonders as she stands up straight and gestures towards the nearly empty plate that was on the table in front of her.

Camila seems relieved at her words and scrambles up from the table with her plate in hand. Demi gently takes it from and and places it in the sink before leaning down to place a kiss to her head, "Go put your show on in the living room and snuggle up on the couch." She offers the girl a way out, and thankfully, the girl takes it and scurries quickly out of the room.

Now that she was gone, Lauren's glare disappears and was replaced by a wide grin. Demi eyes her for a second before walking over and sitting herself down onto the chair next to her, "Are you done too?" She questions.

Lauren looks down at her empty plate and nods her head, prompting Ally this time to pick it up from the table along with her own before disappearing into the kitchen. Demi watches her go before bringing her attention back to Lauren, "What's up with the glare little miss?" She murmurs, and although there was a smile on her face, her tone of voice did not hold one single drop of amusement.

The green eyed girl looks guiltily down at her lap, and Demi reaches forward to gently ease her chin back up knowing she needed to get to the bottom of this, "Mhhh? Can you tell mama?" She pushes slightly.

"Mhh mhhh." Lauren shakes her head, and knowing it wasn't a good idea to push, Demi temporarily drops the subject by nodding her head in acceptance.

"Alright, if you're not ready to talk then I won't make you, but you're gonna have to talk to either mommy or me before the days out, okay?" She could feel Lauren resisting against her fingers, so she pulls them away allowing the girls gaze to fall back into her lap.

She does nod her head however, and that was enough for Demi, "Your shows on in the living room. Mama and I will be in soon." She rises to her feet and points towards the direction of the living room.

Lauren looks up at her for a second before nodding her head, and Demi watches as she grabs her sippy cup from the table before standing up and leaving the dining room.