colour blind [e.d]

Start from the beginning

"y/n, baby, you are the most pure and loving person i've ever met. you truly make me the happiest version of myself and i don't think i could ever express how much i love you." i whisper as if someone was listening.

y/n blushes and smiles, as i rest my forehead on hers. "and i won't ever stop saying it, because i love you so much it physically affects me. knowing how beautiful your soul and heart are affects me."

"and i know you feel down sometimes because of your eyes.." i trail off, y/n's eyes moving away from the heavy eye contact they held with mine.

"hey, hey, hey." i whisper quickly to her. she looks at me and i could see her eyes beginning to gloss up.

i reach a hand up to caress her cheek, "it's okay baby, it's okay, i promise."

"because i love you so much, i've saved up for the past while and finally got you something that i've always wanted to get you."

"close your eyes, baby." i whisper, smiling as y/n hesitantly closed her eyes.

i look at the phone and make sure it was recording before leaning down and taking the glasses out of their box.

i move to be standing behind her, slipping the glasses on her face as i felt her body tense up, probably realizing what this was.

"e, i-is this? ethan don't mess with me!" y/n rambles before i cut her off by kissing her jaw then neck.

"are you ready?" i speak into her ears before she nods.

a large smile is spread on my face as i whisper to her, "open your eyes."

y/n takes a while to, grabbing my hands and crossing them over her waist to hold them tightly.

her eyes slowly flutter open and a gasp escapes her lips, hands moving to cover her face.

a chocked sob escapes her lips as she covers her eyes, "don't play! ethan! did i just see-"

"colours." i continue the sentence for her, a large smile forming on my face.

i turn her around to face me then slowly remove her hands from her eyes. y/n eyes widen in astonishment as more tears run down her cheeks.

"oh my gosh" she whispers as her hands cup my face, fingers brushing over my cheekbones. "what?" i laugh, smiling at how adorable she looked just taking in everything.

i truly felt so happy, she deserved this and so much for and i'm so glad that i could finally give this to her.

"you're so beautiful. your-your hair, and your eyes a-and your lips a-and, oh my gosh." y/n whispered with a cracked voice, moving her hands to her face again and sniffling before crying in her hands.

"no, baby, don't cry, don't cry babe." i lightly laugh, pulling her hands from her face and cupping it, thumbs wiping the tears off her rosy cheeks.

"i can see the colours, e. everything's so colorful and i finally get to see it." she croaks out, looking around for a second before her eyes meet mine.

i mentally awe at her reaction, my heart just bursting. "i know baby, how does it feel?"

"it's- i just- it's so pretty and i just-" y/n fails to form a sentence as she sniffles before she leans in and surprises me by connecting our lips.

her hands wrap around my neck, one of them going to my hair and softly tangling in it.

"i love you so much." y/n whispers against my lips, a few tears falling down her cheeks after pulling away.

i lean in and push my lips against hers, before pulling away to smile. "i love you too baby."

"your eyes, e, they're green but hazel at the same time with dark brown in them all at once!" y/n rambles, excitedly making me laugh at how cute she was.

"and- and your lips! they're so pink and full. your eyelashes and eyebrows are so dark and eye catching- but-but your hair-" she continues but i cut her off by stroking her cheek to calm her down, a smile still on my lips.

y/n laughs in between her tears before taking a deep breath and laughing once again.

"the sky is so gorgeous, is that what purple is?" she asks curiously as i wrap my around around her waist and pull her body closer into my chest.

"no baby, that's blue and there's also a bit of purple over there." i point, softly explaining. "the trees are green, over there, and then the grass is a lighter shade of green but the flowers are so many different colours like red and yellow and white."

i continue explaining everything's colours until i feel eyes on me so i turn around mid-sentence to see y/n staring at me with adoration in her eyes.

"w-what?" i laugh embarrassingly as my cheeks turn pink. "i just- i love you so much and you have the most beautiful heart ever, and-and i'm just so thankful for you and-" y/n starts but her voice cracks so i cut her off.

i rest my forehead against hers, "you are the most deserving person for this i've ever met, dont thank me baby."

she wraps her arms around me and hugs me tightly, in return i gladly pull her close to my warm body and hug her back just as tight.

i lean my head to leave a kiss on the crook of her neck. "i love you e, so much, thank you so much." she whispers into my neck and i smile.