marco polo [g.d]

"okay, one more round" grayson, my bestfriend, pleads as ethan closes the glass door.

i nod and giggle, closing my eyes and beginning to count to twenty. i randomly swim around wherever i heard water splash until i got to twenty.

"marco!" i call out, excitement bubbling in me as i always win at this game.

silence fills the air and suspense fills my body, feeling confused about why grayson hasn't said 'polo' by now.

i feel someone's hot breath against my lips and a deep voice speaks up making chills run through my body, "polo."

my eyes flutter open to see that graysons face is inches away from mine. a shocked look covers my face as grayson locks eyes with mine.

his eyes flicker from mine to my lips and he leans in slowly. my eyes move to his lips then to his eyes hesitantly, my heart beating out of my chest.

grayson keeps his eyes on mine, reaching a hand up to caress my face making me even more needy for his touch.

this was wrong.
both of his hands slowly trail down to my waist, gripping tightly and pulling me closer to him.

he's been my bestfriend since we were in diapers; yeah i've had a crush on him but i try my best to push past it so i don't ruin our friendship.

our faces were inches a part, noses touching and chests pressed against each other.

but icouldn't bring myself to stop him.

my hands go up to his built chest, my lips parted in anticipation.

or myself.

he parts his lips lightly as he leans in, the eye contact just making me even more flustered.

i wanted this so badly.

grayson slowly leans down to my head level and licks his lips, giving my eyes one last glance before his soft lips pressed against mine.

my heart pounded in my chest as i kissed him  back immediately, without a second thought.

i wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer, if that was even possible. the heat of the moment rushes through my veins, giving me chills.

i would have never imagined his lips would feel and taste this way, it was better than i had imagined.

he kisses me passionately, his soft lips moving against mine in sync.

the kiss was more perfect that i had imagined.

everything was perfect.

his tongue slightly pokes out of his mouth as if he were asking me for permission and i grant it immediately, letting him enter and explore my mouth with his muscle.

this is what i've been waiting for.

his hands grip the back of my thighs and lift me up quickly, making me squeal. i wrap them around his waist, since he could reach the bottom better than i could.

grayson smiles against my lips, "you're so cute." a blush settles on my cheeks and i look away in embarrassment.

surprising me, he tilts his head to where i was looking and smashes his lips against mine.

he tilts both of our heads back to face his original position and kisses me passionately once again.

my hands slide from the back of his neck to his face, cupping it as our lips locked. my thumbs were on his jawline and the rest of my hand on his neck.

i smile into the kiss, causing grayson to smile as we both pulled away.

"i love you, y/n." grayson mumbled against my lips, his happy expression fading as he faced reality.

my chest aches at the sight of his upset face, knowing that i do love him.

"i've loved you since forever ago, but i was too scared to-" he continues but making him shut up instantly, i rest my forehead against his.

my y/e/c eyes meet his hazel eyes and they bite into each other, the silence of the moment relaxing us.

"i love you too, gray." i whisper against his lips, my cheeks unintentionally turning a bright shade of red.

a cheeky grin spreads on his face before he leans in once again and connects our lips into a soft kiss, making my heart race.