colour blind [e.d]

my girlfriend, y/n, is colour blind and has been for her whole life. completely colour blind.

she hates it so much and it hurts me to see her so upset.

i did some research and i bought her enchroma colour blindness glasses, so she could see colours for the first time in her life.

i've kept it from her for a week now until the glasses arrive, and they did today.

+

"babe, do you wanna go to the park?" i asked her softly, rubbing her back. y/n was drying the plates she had just washed.

she gets a little upset when we go to places with trees and nature, wishing she could see them.

but little does she know...

y/n turns around to face me and leans her back against the kitchenette, pursing her lips before smiling slightly. "okay, i'll go get ready."

my eyes light up and i smile widely, a laugh leaving her mouth at my reaction.

she leans in to give me a quick peck on the lips but i pull her back in, passionately kissing her.

i was always the one who made us late to events or just date reservations because whenever y/n kissed me, it was never just a quick peck.

i always turned into a makeout session, because of how clingy and needy i was for her.

my hands go to her hips and i push her back against the kitchenette, her hands going to my chest as i take her by surprise.

leaning towards, y/n leans backwards and tries to get herself together and pull away but doesn't. she kisses back just as passionately before pulling away, laughing at me once i tried to kiss her again.

"e, if you keep kissing me we won't leave." she giggles, her hands sliding up to my hair to play with it.

this time i didnt argue and let her go get dressed, excited for what i had planned.

just as y/n was about to move and walk away, i moved my face in the direction of hers and pushed my lips against hers with force.

"sorry, i cant help it." i laugh against her lips an she lets out a small laugh. i give her a peck on the lips, which lasted longer than it was supposed to, "wear your white sundress, baby."

y/n smiles before getting excited and nodding eagerly, she kisses me on the cheek before hurrying upstairs to change.

i went to the living room and reached under the couch, grabbing the box the glasses were in and making sure i hid it in the car and in y/n's large bag.

i never let y/n carry her own bags so she won't notice a thing.

+

y/n and i walk through the park, my hand on her waist to pull her close to me as her head leaned against my neck.

we had been conversing about the simplest of things and i'd almost forgotten about her gift.

i stop in my tracks, making y/n furrow her brows and turn to look at me, my hand falling off her waist.

i put her bag down in between us and go to put my phone on a bench, pressing record on the camera. i walk back and held her hands, intertwining them with mine.