ii.

A SMALL cabin in the middle of nowhere. a cliché, of course. that's where y/n's brother had taken her, to prevent herself from getting killed, his words. that's what she hated about him. always sticking his nose where he shouldn't, always pretending like he knew what he was doing.

he didn't give a damn about her; but once it had to do with him too, b/n was quick to hide his sister where no one would find her.

or so he thought.

actually, y/n had no complaints. she had food, she didn't have to steal, she didn't have to run, she didn't have to do anything. but yeah, of course  ─ of course it had to happen ─ two armed men had to kick down the door and almost make her choke on her waffles.

those weren't the best waffles, though. they probably had a few days already.

this whole dying thing isn't working as y/n thought it would. well, she predicted she'd die in pain, and that's happening, but she also thought that when she was about to take her last breaths, she would think of depressing things like stuff she never got to do or people she left behind, not... waffles.

maybe it's because she's not dying?

she lost track of the men some time ago. it's unlikely they gave up — they must've taken a while to locate her, and then give up? didn't sound like the ones she knew — but maybe they thought she was dead? no, they'd double check.

y/n feels a spark of hope.

it takes her a while to stop the bleeding, and then a few moments to catch her breath. everything looks fuzzy and her head hurts, but she manages to get up. now all she gotta do is limp to the nearest city, or village or whatever. just out of here.

there's a sound, like footsteps. y/n swears she sees something move, but it's gone before she can even try to pinpoint what it was.

suddenly, she doesn't really like the woods that much.