chapter four

{  CHAPTER FOUR , "TERRIBLE NIGHTMARE"  }

{ CHAPTER FOUR , "TERRIBLE NIGHTMARE" }

BLAKE WOKE TO no light shining through her window. When she rolled over, she noticed that it was 8 a.m, which should be the time where the sun was out. She quickly rose from her bed and walked over to her window, trying to see if there was even a bit of light leaking through the blue fabric. But there wasn't.

   Slowly, Blake moved the curtains. But as she looked out of the window that light once flooded through, all she saw was pitch black. There was no stars in what seemed like the night sky, there were no street lights lighting up a block of the sidewalk, there was nothing.
   Blake quickly pulled her curtains back and backed up.

   "Mom!" Blake called as she started walking towards her door. "This isn't funny! Stop pranking me!"
   Blake opened her bedroom door, ready to see Carolyn standing straight outside with a sign that read YOU'VE BEEN PRANKED! But Carolyn didn't stand there, it was something else. What looked like a 6 foot giant stood in her doorway, a red balloon in it's grasp.

   A scream left her mouth vacant before she started to back up, her eyes filled with horror and fear. All the clown did was laugh, he let go of the balloon and hit the ceiling, letting it pop, black ooze sticking to the thin wood that was coated in white paint. Blake opened her mouth to scream again, but nothing came out. It was like her larynx wasn't working.
Nothing was working.

   "Please," Blake begged. All Pennywise did was laugh, taking another step closer to the quivering girl. "P-please!"

   Blake went to back up once again before she hit her bedroom wall. All she could do next was slide down her wall, hoping that she would wake up from this terrible nightmare.

   She closed her eyes, hoping that if she opened them once more, she would be in her bed, with no creepy clown. And most of all, being safe. Everything happened in such a flash. It was like one minute she was cowering in the corner of her bedroom, the next, the clowns hands were tightly wrapped around her neck, lifting her up from the ground. She could feel the oxygen leaving her lungs. She could feel the emptiness that her body corrupted as she heaved for a breath.

But in another flash, Blake jolted up in her bed, gasping for air. Suddenly, she started coughing. Blake rolled out of her bed, like literally. Her hands hit the carpet and she just kept her head down as she kept coughing. The same irony metallic taste covered all of her senses. But there was no blood in her mouth.

"Blake!" The sweet voice of her mother called. Blake lifted her head, trying to say something, but the only thing that came out was another cough. Quickly, she reached for her nightstand which was right next to her bed—a bottled water sat on the top.

Blake choked down another cough as she grabbed the water bottle, immediately pouring the liquid in her mouth.

   "Blake!" Carolyn called again. Blake set the water bottle down, coughing one more time before she stopped. Her throat was throbbing. It felt like everything inside of her was swelling up, creating into this one big balloon. She felt like she was going to explode, have an aneurysm, something!