Twenty One

The school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry ended smoothly and perfectly. The O.W.L's and N.E.W.T's finally ended and the students were relieved they were finally over and able to enjoy the summer now. The last day of the year was spent either outside basking in the sunlight, playing exploding snaps or just lazing around and waiting for the train to take them home so they could enjoy the free months where they didn't have lessons or homework to think about.

Estelle was released from the hospital wing once the examinations were over and was given a stern lecture from Madam Pomfrey. Estelle paid attention, listening to every word and was now extremely cautious around stairs. She was being extra careful, what with being aware she was carrying another life in her.

The news had spread fast around Hogwarts, no news ever going left untouched, that Estelle Beauregard was pregnant with Severus Snape's child. The students were shocked and surprised that anyone would have ever slept with Snape but stopped wondering when Severus finally broke and gave detention on the last day of the term to some of the students for joking about it. Others were happy for Estelle, one being the Ravenclaw student Madeline Whittle and her friends. They had visited Estelle in her office on the last day and congratulated her, giving her some presents. Estelle cried and thanked them, grateful for their thanks and gifts. She was going to miss Hogwarts.

The one person Estelle was most worried about hearing about the news was of course her twin brother, Elio. She knew he still had bitter feelings towards Severus, so she was left speechless when he had came bursting into their office and hugged her happily, wishing her a congratulations. He was beyond excited and happy for her, even if it the baby was the slimy git's.

Estelle was relieved to hear this, a weight lifted off her shoulders. After Elio's ruckus, Neville also congratulated her. Though he didn't mention Severus and she was okay with that.

Things were starting to become normal again for the first time in a very long time.

The summer finally started and Elio and Neville went to America as planned, promising to mail her everyday while they were away. While they were away visiting their hometown of Boston, Estelle and Severus decided to move in together. Though, they agreed to move into the home Elio and her bought when they moved here last year since Severus told her the place he lived in in Spinner's End was not fit for her or a baby. Besides he was happy to have an excuse not to go back to that depressing state of a house. Being there just reminded him of how empty and dark his life was up until now. So they agreed and moved into a lovely little home outside of London in the countryside. There was lots of yard space and forest coverage surrounding the house, good for privacy from No-Maj's.

Each day was spent happily during the summer with the both of them living together, though the two did have an argument once or twice. Estelle's mood swings were all over the place and some days were worse than others. During one occasion, Estelle was trying to wear one of her favourite outfits, which was a lovely flamingo inspired dress but it wouldnt fit. She cried she was fat and when Severus had said nothing, threw most of her wardrobe at him in a fit of rage. Her moods wasn't all of it though, Estelle was eating very odd and strange foods the day they arrived home. She would either eat mysterious looking sandwiches in the kitchen, eat ice cream with Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans in the connecting living room or have pumpkin juice with hard boiled eggs in their master bedroom. Severus would watch in disgust as she ate the gross looking food but she seemed happy so he wouldn't comment.

As the summer progressed though, Estelle knew something wasn't quite right. She was sleeping way more than usual and even when she ate tons of food, she still felt incredibly hungry all the time. She knew pregnancy wasn't easy but she didn't know it was this strange. Therefore her and Severus took a quick visit to St. Mungos Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries together through the floo network. The entire time Estelle was panicking and pacing around while Severus tried to calm her down with his words but she couldn't focus on his words at the moment. Even though Severus seemed cold and indifferent most of the time, this was also making him unnerved and with Estelle pacing it was worse. He put on a blank face and was lost in thought as they waited.