thirty-nine : too bad that i'm the big spoon

late ass update!!! i'm so goddamn sorry!

it was the night before grayson leave the country. our two babies are already sleeping in their rooms and i was packing a couple more of grayson's shirts into his luggage. i'm always worrying about whether he will have enough clothes to wear. i even packed some snacks for him.

i'm not going to lie, i will miss him a lot. i wouldn't be seeing him for three months. we could always facetime but it's different than seeing each other face to face. he's going to be in australia and the worse thing about that is that chantel is there too.

i trust grayson to stay away from her but i don't trust her. she would always try to make a move on him. i just hope that things will be okay for us.

since grayson wouldn't be at home and it's left with the three of us, he decided that it's best for us to stay at mom's and lisa's house. in order to be fair,  we will spend a month and a half at mom's and the other one and a half at lisa. we have already called them up and they were fine with it.

i have already packed mine, indigo's and benson's bags. we had spent the whole weekend as a family. while i was packing the kids' bags, grayson were playing with the two in the playroom. i will occasionally hear indigo's giggles from the first floor. yeah, she laughs that loud.

being away from grayson will definitely make all of us sad. but he's doing it for business so i understand why he's doing all this. he tried to spend most of his time with us. he made sure that the weekends are the times when he get to spend with his family.

his flight is at noon tomorrow and i also filed for a leave tomorrow. i wanted to send him off properly. i want to see him for the last time before he leaves. he told me that he would be fine alone. when i know that in reality, he doesn't want us to be there because he will cry.

"babe, you're not done yet?" grayson questioned.

"no, just a few more and i'll be done." i responded, smiling as i turned my head and looked at him. "why?"

"nothing. i just wanted to cuddle with you for the last time before i leave."

"five more minutes and i'm done. then, we can cuddle all you want, okay?"

i didn't get a response but instead, arms were wrapped around my waist and a chin resting on my shoulder. i let out a giggle and leaned my head back a little.

"we can cuddle later, grayson. i said five minutes."

"five minutes is too long. let me just stay like this. you can continue packing. i'm just going to stay here."

"whatever that makes you happy, babe."

he hummed, "i love it when you call me pet names. it makes me feel special."

"you've been special to me since day one." i said, taking the last piece of clothes of the floor, folding it.

"day one?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"yeah, day one."

"you mean since the day you started working with me?"

"um.. no, i didn't say that. what i meant is that i-i.."

"you don't have to lie, you know. i mean we're married after all. just be honest with me, mrs dolan."

"okay, so if you think that i liked you since day one, then why do you think i dated cameron?"

he looked at me before looking somewhere as if he was deep in thoughts. then, he glanced back at me and i waited for his answer.

"were you using him as a rebound because i had freya back then? or was it because you wanted to see my reaction to that relationship?"