Chapter 11: Making HIStory

***********Author's Note*********

Finally! I can post chapter 11! I had hoped to be able to post it when I posted chapter 10, but I didn't get home in time. Then, when i finally got home, my internet was completly out! Like, what the heck? xD

But, anyways, here's chapter 11! I thought it was time to throw in a 'chill' chapter, sense so much insanity has been going on in this story, haha. I hope you enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment if you want me to continue writing this story or to stop! It's up to you! :)

*********************************************************************

Tugging at her bound wrist, she exhaled when the other one escaped the rope. During her struggle, her wild eyes had come across Nikki who was tied up as well, in a corner of the room. It was hard freeing her ankles, but when her feet were flat on the ground, she snuck to her friend who sat with her mouth taped. Ripping the tape from her lips, she pulled at the rope constricting her wrists.

“Jess, what are you doing? We can’t leave. What about all the other people he has involved in this? They’ll kill us.”

“Nikki, I just lied my ass off a second ago. When he finds out about it, I’m dead…I’m worse than dead, I’m slaughtered. And you know that after he gets me, he’ll get you too. We’re not safe either way, but at least if we get to Michael, we’ll be somewhat secure.”

She jerked at her ankles, her wrists aching as she tried to pull her friend free.

“But, we don’t know how many people he has in on this. What if they get to us? We could be casually at the supermarket and get shot to the ground or kidnapped all over again. If they found us again, you know it would be worse than it is now. If we escape and they find us, we’re dead. Better yet, what if they catch us trying to leave? We’re dead then, too!”

“I know…But, we have a slightly better chance at survival if we get out of here and get back to Michael. Yeah, we’ll be watching over our shoulders every second, but if we stay out of the cameras, how will he know that we’re for sure with Michael? For all he knows, we could’ve gone anywhere. We could be in the woods or at another local hotel. He doesn’t know.”

“But, what about when we’re spotted? What if someone that’s in on this sees us? We’re dead!”

“I know that, Nikki! But, we’re defiantly dead here, now! We have no other choice, okay? We have to go! We have to take a chance if we want to live!”

Finally ridding the tight rope, she stood with her best friend as they crept to the doorway.

“Okay, Nik. We can do this.” She whispered, pulling down her sleeve to hide the painful wound from the air.

She didn’t move until Nikki nodded and hand in hand, they tiptoed into the darkness. It was clear that they were in another hotel room, and instantly knew where the door was as the room seemed to be endless through their panic. Meeting the door, they slipped out, shutting it mutely behind them. The fresh air felt wonderful, but when a voice sounded nearby, they sprang for the road and sprinted as fast as they could. In all honesty, she really didn’t know what hotel Michael was at, but after running a while, the monstrous crowd outside the building gave her the answer.