𝟏𝟔 | 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐋

Start from the beginning

He just stood there, his face hidden from me. He stood straight. I could practically see the smoke coming out of his goddamn ears. He let out a long and slow breath. He walked slowly over to his keys and grabbed them forcefully and it eerily reminded me of how forcefully he grabbed me.

He yanked the screen door of the RV open and stormed out, slamming it back on my face.

"Kenickie!" I ran out to him. I can't have him run out like this, all angry and about to do something stupid.

"What?" he yelled back, turning to me. I saw tears in his eyes and his face where I hit him was red.

"Please, I just-" I started.

"What? You just what?" Kenickie yelled. Hurt was present all over his features and he didn't even tried to hide it. It was just his emotions. His real, raw emotions.

"I'm not going to say that I'm sorry," I said slowly. He just hung his head when I said this. "But I need you to understand that my opinions and morals matter. I can't do any of this- whatever it is - until you fix it with Rizzo."

"Y'know, I've never told anyone ever that I loved them," Kenickie hiccuped. I swallowed a large lump in my throat and my head began to pound with the sound of my heartbeat. "But, to be slapped by you, that's different than anything my father has ever done..."

I gasped. He didn't just go there. "Kenickie, you didn't just say that..." I cried. I pointed at him but it was weak. My voice was weak, my knees were weak, everything was weak.

"I did," Kenickie said, turning back to his car. "You better believe it, Charlotte."

He slammed the car door shut and turn to ignition. The car roared to life, but it sounded better than before. He must've gotten a new engine.

"Kenickie, you better not leave me..." I cried as I ran up to his car. "You have to understand-"

"I'm done trying to understand you Charlotte," he said. When he said my real name, I nearly cried.

"Everyone makes mistakes!" I said quickly as I saw his hand on the clutch. "I just don't want to be yours."

"You weren't ever going to be a mistake," Kenickie said sadly as he rode off, leaving me on the drive as the dust settled.

I sat in the RV with my lingerie-type pjs. The ones that Kenickie hated. He always said that my body wasn't for anyone else's eyes. But I didn't care. I would happily show myself off to anyone.

A knock at the door sounded and I got up and raced to it, hoping it was Kenickie. It wasn't. When I said that I would show myself off to anyone, this is the one person I wouldn't want to.

I slammed the door back shut, not wanting to be bothered with them at the moment.

"Open the door Peaches," Leo said softly. Today was the day to make people feel like shit, right?

"I have nothing to say to you," I yelled back. "Oh wait..."

I opened the door and looked into his eyes. The ones that's I've grown to tolerate and I hate that I still associate myself with him.

"I have one thing," I snapped. He gestured for the to talk, but I didn't need it. "You raped me."

I slammed the door back on his face again.

"Peaches," he said. Why is he calling me that? "I- I'm so sorry. I really am. I was drunk, I made a mistake. I get that you can't forgive me and I get that you want me to burn in hell. But I have one more proposal for you."

"Why am I the only Pink Lady you go to for these?" I growled through the door.

"Because," Leo sighed. " Kenickie cares for you. A lot."

"Yeah, I'll say. He said he loves me," I blurted out.

"Oh," Leo said. The sound of disappointment in his voice very apparent. "Listen, I overheard that Kenickie and Rizzo are going to the dance together." I listened and tears began to formulate. I tried not to cry, but my tear ducts betrayed me.

"Oh," I croaked out. So he finally listened to me? Took a kiss and a slap.

"So," Leo sighed again. "I was thinking that we could go together."

"Why?" I asked, not in the mood to yell.

"Because, I like you a lot." I rolled my eyes at this. "But also, I know for a fact that Murdoch would hate it if you were with me."

"I also know for a fact that he would kick me out without a second thought," I fake laughed.

"I also know for a fact that he didn't kick Riz out," Leo shot back. I sighed and sat at the door for a moment. I would hurt Kenickie. But fuck it, he hurt me.

I opened the door and Leo tripped inside the RV. I rolled my eyes as he stood up, smoothing his hair back. He looked around the RV but his eyes finally landed on me.

"You're lookin' good," he said, eyes trailing over my body. I sighed and walked to the master bedroom to retrieve my robe. I tied it around my waist and made my way back to Leo.

"Alright," I said, standing in front of him. "A few ground rules."

Leo smirked at this. "I'm serious!"

"Alright Peaches," Leo smiled. "What is it?"

"First off," I said. "No touching."

"It's a dance!" Leo threw his arms up. "I'll have to touch you!"

"Fine!" I exclaimed. "But only waist and the small of my back."

"Can I put my arms around your shoulders?" He rolled his eyes.

"Fine. Second, when I tell you to stop, you must stop." I looked at him. He knew what I was getting at. He looked down at his feet. "And no unwanted advances."

"Okay," he complied. I relaxed a bit.

"Finally, no drinking," I said slowly. His head snapped up at this.

"What? It's a high school dance, there needs to be some drinking."

"Not when I'm around. I don't want history to repeat itself," I said.

"But I'll stop when you tell me to, no unwanted advances," Leo recited back. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, that worked so well that night on the track," I snapped back. That seemed to shut him up.

"I'll, um, pick you up at eight. Saturday," Leo said. I nodded and ushered him out of the door. I'm literally making a deal with the Devil. I'm ruining everything, but I didn't care. Everything hurts. Do I like Leo? I didn't really know. I hate him and in my gut, I knew it was all wrong. He made me want to vomit. But there was a quality in him where I just wanted the thrill of being with him. But I felt so small. He didn't remember that night, but I certainly do.

It's like what Danny said that night, my chance to strike back will come soon.

[EDITED]

I want to get one thing straight, please dont comment anything on Leo and Charlie's relationship, I'm using it very carefully and I don't want to anger anyone. This book is rated mature, so if you feel uncomfortable with it, please click off. I'm using some elements from personal experience, so if you would please be respectful with how you perceive this book, that would mean a lot, thank you :)

 I'm using some elements from personal experience, so if you would please be respectful with how you perceive this book, that would mean a lot, thank you :)