SAVANNAH'S HALLOWEEN PARTY

Summer was really excited when I had given her an invitation to Savannah's Halloween party. Savannah is probably the second most popular girl in the school, I'm the most popular. All the boys like us. All the girls want to be friends with us. We were the first girls in the grade to actually have  "boyfriends."

 For Savannah, it was some kid who goes to MS 281, though she dumped him and started dating Henry Joplin, which makes sense because the two of them totally look like teenagers already. I was dating this one kid named Adam Banks but we broke up when he moved to Minnesota. 

When Summer told Savannah I had given her the invitation and would be going to her party, she was really nice to her, though she made sure to tell Summer that she didn't invite a lot of people, so she shouldn't go around bragging to anyone that she got invited. Savannah also made sure to tell her not to wear a costume. The only negative about her going to Savanna's party was that now she wouldn't be able to go the parade and the unicorn costume would be wasted. That was kind of a bummer, but okay Summer had told me . 

TIME SKIP AT SAVANNAh'S HOUSE

Anyway, when Summer got to her party was that Savannah greeted her at the door and asked

"Where's your boyfriend, Summer?" 

I didn't even know what she was talking about. 

"I guess he doesn't have to wear a mask at Halloween, right?" Savannah added. 

And then I knew she was talking about August. 

"He's not my boyfriend," Summer said. 

"I know. I'm just kidding!" 

She kissed her cheek, and I threw her jacket on a coatrack in the hallway. Then she took Summer by the hand down the stairs to her basement, which is where the party was. There were about fifteen kids there: all of them were popular kids from either My group or Julian's group.

" I mean, I knew about Savannah and Henry, but Ximena and Miles? And Ellie and Amos? Ellie's practically as flat as me." Summer said.

 I just nod

"Hey Y/N?" Summer asked me. 

"Hmm?" I asked.

 "How come you don't have a boyfriend?" she asked. 

I looked at her 

"Have you met the kid I live with?" I answered her.

 she got a confused look on her face.

 I sighed "Jack?"

 "OHHH," she said. "wait what about him?"

 I shake my head

 "Dude everyone says he has a crush on me plus he is supper jealous." 

Anyway, about five minutes after she got there, Henry and Savannah were standing next to her, literally hovering over her.

 "So, we want to know why you hang out with the Zombie Kid so much," said Henry. 

"He's not a zombie," she laughed, like they were making a joke.

 I was talking to Ellie and Amos.

 "You know, Summer," said Savannah, "you would be a lot more popular if you didn't hang out with him so much. I'm going to be completely honest with you: Julian likes you. He wants to ask you out."

 "He does?" Summer asked.

 "Do you think he's cute?" Savannah asked.

"Um ... yeah, I guess. Yeah, he's cute." Summer answered.

"So you have to choose who you want to hang out with," Savannah said.

 "Everyone likes you, Summer. Everyone thinks you're really nice and that you're really, really pretty. You could totally be part of our group if you wanted to, and believe me, there are a lot of girls in our grade who would love that." Savannah said

"I know." Summer nodded. "Thank you."

 "You're welcome," Savannah answered. "You want me to tell Julian to come and talk to you?" 

"Um, I actually need to go to the bathroom. Where is that?" Summer asked.

Savannah pointed toward the bathroom

Summer walked in and closed the door, she stayed there for a long time. I saw her sneak out but I didn't say anything. 

Later that night I went home and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.