Work Shift

(I'm going to be gone for a couple of days, so I might as well throw this rushed chapter at you guys. I wonder who is reading my stories, 50% of readers are from Canada and the other is from the U.S. So, yeah.)

I got out of bed very enthusiastically, even if I had a nightmare. I saw Death holding a lighter under Pi's skull. I said, "don't burn him too much, anyway, I'm going to the diner." Death threw the keys at me and said goodbye, Pi also said goodbye. I left the house and started walking to the diner. While I was walking, more dead ones kept looking at me, which I was really uncomfortable about. I finally reached the diner, I went inside and set everything up. After I opened up, many people came inside, asking for food. After I gave them the food, they said many things like, "why were you talking to Anarchy?" and, "why were you two covered in water?" and also, "are you aware that she made an instrument out of a human skeleton?". After I stopped freaking out over the creepy dead people, I answered all of the questions, some responses were relief sighs, some were general okays.

After they gave me the void dollars and left, I was alone for a couple of minutes. Until Dave's group came in. I gulped and asked what everyone ordered, Dave wanted batteries, Anarchy wanted brewed water, the Twins desired motor oil. After I gave them it, Dave said in a monotone voice, "You better send us to earth", he ate the batteries and said to his group, "once you're done eating, pay the man and let's go." I asked the twins, "do you have any grudge on me for some reason?", they both answered simultaneously, "not us, Dave is just really uneasy when Rob said no, it's fine. You're not a bad guy in our eyes." The Twins left 10 void dollars and left the diner. Anarchy was sipping on her water, I said, "I can't believe that 'Anarchy' is your actual name, is it a nickname?" Anarchy responded, "no, Anarchy is not my name. But I can't remember my real name, so my name is Anarchy. Here's a fact about everybody, Max, living and dead: We only remember what we want to remember. If we don't remember people, it means you never wanted to remember them in the first place."

Anarchy left 5 void dollars and left the store, I waved goodbye at the group through the window. Anarchy and The Twins waved back, Dave stared daggers at me and turned the other direction. The Twins mentioned Rob, I guess I should try and uncover his story later. Over the last 5 hours, 12 dead people walked into the store, I guess they don't hate me that much anymore. It's weird how they give me money, and Death gives me his money. I was getting hungry, so I took the least deadly things to eat and drink: water and bread. I was also getting tired, I will serve one more customer, then I'll leave. I waited for a couple of minutes, then Bill walked in, with his head. He sat down, slammed 5 void dollars down on the counter and said, "give me some molten aluminum." I took some aluminum foil and put it inside a kettle and held it over some fire, waiting for it to boil. Bill was staring at me in a way when you want to kill them. After it was done boiling, I poured the molten aluminum in a cup and placed it in front of him.

He drank all of it in one gulp and said, "you're a friend of Anarchy, that's something. It took me 4 hours for my useless body to find me. Listen up, Rob was one of the best. But something happened to him, and I know that Dave has something to with him. Anarchy is the highest rank in Dave's group, and she has not talked to anyone more than you. So, I request a big favor from you: Befriend Anarchy, use her to get into Dave's house, and find out what happened to Rob." I processed all of that. So, Bill wants me to get Anarchy to get me into Dave's house to find out the secrets of Rob? I questioned, "do I get a reward?" Dave pulled out a weird object from his pocket and said, "a dreamcatcher, the last one in this wretched world. It will strangle all nightmares on the web, and let only the dreams fall from it. I will give anything I have just to see Rob again." I need that dreamcatcher, and because I want to know what happened. I said, "alright, I will do it. It might take a couple of months though." Bill literally jumped with joy, thanked me, and ran out of the diner. I clocked off and walked to Death's house. I knocked on the door and Death opened it, letting me in.

Death said, "20 people, nice. 1000 void dollars then. Here's a wallet to keep the money in." A wallet appeared on my hand, so I took all the void dollars that I got and put it inside it. I asked Death, "do you have a phone somewhere?" He said, "there's a rotary phone upstairs." I nodded and went downstairs. I saw Pi once I reached the bottom. I said, "are you fine with Death torturing you?" Pi responded, "yeah, I'm fine, It is a little uncomfortable without my legs though." I nodded and went on my bed. It will take some time to uncover Rob's story, but I will. I slowly drifted to sleep.

I woke up, very early, Pi was sleeping. I quietly went upstairs and found Death taking a nap. I went up another story and looked through a couple of empty rooms until I found the rotary phone, with a phone book near it. I went through the A section until I found her name. I gently rotated the dial a couple of times and waited, and she picked up. A voice spoke on the other end, "Hello?". I said, "hey Anarchy, want to hang out in around 9 hours?"

5 Months Later

(The next chapter will take place 5 months from this chapter. I don't know why you are reading this book, you're wasting your time reading this horrible book. I hope I'm not rushing this book. I've decided that the book after this book, will be a continuation, and the next book after that will be a past story. So yeah, this is a rushed chapter so the next chapter will be longer maybe. I don't exist, remember that.)