Chapter 11

When the door closed behind Richie, Mac turned back to Jon. "We'll get to the topics of why he would think I'd hurt you and why you didn't say something about needing blood later. Right now, what can I do to help you? Here's my neck," she offered, getting down on her knees in front of his chair and tilting her head to the side.

Weakly, Jon trailed his fingers across her cheek and down her neck. "Mac, I don't want to hurt you, and I can't put you in a thrall to avoid that because your mind is too strong. The only other option is to bite you during sex, and unfortunately, I'm too weak for that option."

Mac knew that he needed blood or he would die. It told her a lot about the man before her that he would risk death rather than cause her pain. "Can I allow a thrall, whatever that is? Ya know, let you do it?"

"Tesoro mia, it's not that simple. Your mind is too strong. A thrall would make you mindless, allow me to control you and your mind. It would be instinctive for your brain to rebel against that control," he told her, his voice weak.

Her mind raced with possibilities. Suddenly, she ordered softly, almost pleading, "Slip into my head and bite me, Jon. You need this."

Gently, he pulled her toward him and kissed her. Softly at first, but then his kiss became more urgent, his tongue darting past her lips to tangle with hers. Mac gave herself over to the kiss, barely noticing when his mind joined with hers. His lips left hers to trail hotly across her cheek and down her neck.

You taste so good, moglie mia, he said in her head, as his tongue stroked her jugular.

On her knees, between his muscular thighs, with her upper body resting against his chest and his arms holding her tenderly, Mac moaned softly. The sound coming from deep in her throat. With their minds joined, she was overwhelmed with not only the sensations he was causing, but also with the ones he was feeling. She shivered when his fangs grazed her neck, sending fire to every nerve ending in her body. She could tell from his own response that he was feeling what she was feeling as well. Briefly, she wondered if making love with him like this would feel as good.

It would be so much better than this, Mac, he whispered huskily in her head, just as he buried his fangs in her neck.

She only felt a slight pinch, no worse than a bee sting, her pleasure was so great. She couldn't exactly taste her own blood, but she knew from Jon that he was enjoying it. His pleasure washed over her in waves as he drank from her greedily. Eagerly, she moved against him, one hand caressing his chest while the other trailed down to stroke his arousal through the denim of his jeans.

His pleasure at her touch combined with her own pushed her over the edge. Vaguely, she realized that he felt her climax as he thrust against her hand. Then, before her orgasm was over, she was hit with the powerful force of his. She trembled weakly against him, feeling like a leaf tossed about on a storm swept sea.

Gently, Jon laved the bite with his tongue, before trailing kisses up her neck. Thank you, moglie mia, he whispered in her head.

No, thank you, she answered him weakly, before collapsing against his chest.

Tenderly, he pulled her into his lap. Cradling her like a small child, one hand caressed her back, while the other pushed her hair back of her face. He withdrew from her mind as his fingers threaded through her hair.

"Why did Richie think I would hurt you?" she asked softly.

He spent the next few moments explaining Cecilia's betrayal to her.

Mac quickly became angry at the long dead woman. How could she have treated him that way if she had truly loved him? No wonder he had been afraid to tell her what he was. "And Richie was afraid I was just waiting for my chance to stake you too?"