Chapter 1 'The List'

"You can't just sit at home all day! Come on Y/N live a little" Roger said chuckling while softly pushing an elbow into your side. "You know what, you are going to make a list of things you have never done before and we are gonna do them together."

"Really? A list?! I've got better things to do." You replied.

"Like what exactly?"

A few months ago this guy kept showing up at the record shop you were working at. And one time you decided to have a chat with him. One thing led to another and you and Roger quickly ended up hanging out almost every weekend, talking about music and watching movies. If Roger didn't have a gig with his band. In the few months you had been friends with Roger you didn't know what had hit you. He was a lot. He always pushed you to do things that were far out of your comfort zone. You hated it and loved it at the same time.

"I'm just not as wild as you Roger! That you like to go out every Saturday night doesn't mean that other people like doing that too." You hissed.

"But we can change that." He said with a smirk on his face.

He suddenly stood up from the couch that you were lounging on. "Okay. Do you have paper and a pen?" He said standing in front of you with his hands on his hips.

"No, we're not doing this!" You raised your voice.

"Then I'll find it myself," He said with an arrogant grin on his face.

"Fine! But you have to promise me that you won't think I'm weird."

"I already think you're weird. That's why I like you."

"Sometimes I wonder why I still hang out with you." You sighed slightly annoyed.

"Because I'm irresistible," Roger said. A cocky smile yet again appearing on his face.

"Okay, fine Mr amazing I'll grab it."

You opened a drawer of your hardwood cabinet. You once found it at a second-hand shop and you couldn't resist buying it. It was very beautiful but very heavy and you still wondered how you had managed to get it to your apartment.

The drawer made a soft creaking sound as you opened it. You searched through some papers and took out a little notepad and a pen that laid on your desk.

Roger snatched the pen and paper out of your hand and positioned himself onto your leather couch. He wrote something down in big letters. You followed the movement of his hand and it read.

Bucket list

"Go ahead love, I'm waiting," Roger said while tapping the pen on his leg.

"Uhm..." You muttered, trying to think of something that wasn't too embarrassing.

"I can think of some things," Roger said, and he started writing.

Bucket list:

Go an actual party at a club

As soon as you read the first line you felt your cheeks turn a darker shade of pink. You were 23 for god sake and you had never been to an actual party at a club. Well, you sometimes stopped by one to pick up a friend, but you never participated in the whole going out thing.

Roger had a habit of calling you in the middle of the night when he was at a party or club, or after late night gigs. He would always call you to tell you how awesome it was. That the audience was so enthusiastic, and he would tell you about weird things that had happened that night. He always sounded so excited and even though you were hardly following anything he was saying, it was worth being woken up for. You would always ask him if he was okay and if he could get home safe. He would constantly tell you that he was fine, but if you heard that he was drunk you would always come to pick him up because you didn't want him to accidentally hurt himself. You usually took him to your apartment and put him down on the couch with a blanket. You sometimes stopped to look at him. A little bit of light slipping through the curtains, illuminating his smooth features. He looked so peaceful in those moments.