Chapter 23 - Seems Like It

Roseanne West

I was looking at the view when Ares put his jacket on me. I left my jacket on the chair when he said he was going to show me the best view from the restaurant. He's right, it's beautiful and I can't take my eyes away from it.

"Do you have any schedule tomorrow?" Ares asked.

"No, why?"

"Wanna have lunch tomorrow?"

"Sure." I answered.

"Now I can't stop thinking whether you will stay like this or be cold to me again." He said in a careful tone and I smiled.

"You'll see."

"You know, I'm a guy who loves to plan my life. Like when will I get married or like when should I start to buy my own house.. but I learnt that planning my life isn't that fun anymore. I just let it go with the flow."

"Getting married huh?"

"Yeah. I want to get married, have kids and go travel around the world with them."

"Usually men are not interested to settle down, what makes you.. want that?"

"My parents always been my role model ever since I was a kid, they really show me how love can make you the happiest person in the world."

"I see." I nodded and he suddenly turned to me.

"How about you? Ever think about getting married?" He asked and I shook my head right away.

"No, I don't think I'm capable of love either. I just don't trust love even though I do need someone in my live because I always depend on someone at some point."

"Well.. I think you should."

"Not that easy besides getting married with someone means you have to be so so so in love with that person and then commit to it." I sighed and I turned my body fully to him.

"You will get someone one day because you really deserve it. I mean you can handle a girl like me at some point so.. you will get your girl." I said as I patted his arm lightly and walked inside.

I took off Ares' jacket and put it on his chair. I sat down again and dranj my wine. My eyes landed on Ares who was still standing on the balcony staring blankly at the view. I wonder what's on his mind because he kept standing there for quite some time now.

Earlier.. I decided to let my guard down for the first time and it's not bad. Being the real Rosie wasn't that bad and opening up myself to Ares was one of the biggest decision that I've ever made.

9 weeks left and I wish I can fast foward time or go to the future to see what will happen to us both. I mean separation is indeed in the calender but what will I react to that.

Dealing with separation.. will crush me but somehow I want to live in this moment because he's the first person in 7 years that.. really tried so hard to reach me. He came with a motive just to change me even though we started with a one night stand.

"What are you thinking about?" Ares popped my bubbles of thoughts.

"Nothing.. what about you? You were standing there for quite some time." I asked.

"Nothing.. just work."

"Architect huh? Do you love your job?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's always been my dream to design houses."

"Why?"

"When I was little, my parents used to drop me at my uncle's place. He's an architect and his house is just fantastic. He always made me sit beside him when he's drawing." He chuckled as he looked at the candle in front of him.

"Not only that.. after the house is done, he always brought me to see his real life design. It was amazing and I want to be like him."

"That's amazing."

"Yeah, here I am.. living my dreams." I nodded and I sipped my wine.

"How about you? Living your life as an editor. I saw Elena Parker's books on your shelf the other day." He said and I choked.

"Huh?" I asked and he gave me some tissues.

"Thanks." I said and he looked at me waiting for my answer.

"Editor is fun.. reading people's stories, it's just.. amazing." I said completely lying.

"Have you ever try to write a book?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, I don't like it besides how can I write a book?"

"Maybe you can, who knows.." He smirked and I shook my head again. I took a really deep breath and let it out.

"What's the old Rosie like?" He suddenly asked and I turned to him completely surprised.

"Old Rosie?"

"Before you change into this cold.. rude Rosie." He said and I glared at him coldly. I crossed my arms in front of my chest looking at him disbelief.

"Why so curious?"

"Because I want to see that Rosie." That melted my heart. I don't know why and I don't really like it.

"I can't even remember, that was 7 years ago." I said honestly.

"Do you miss her?"

"Not really because people always use me for it."

"Because you're so kind.. caring and-"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay fine.." He raised his hands letting me slip away from the topic.

"Should.. shoukd we go home?" I asked because I'm feeling tired already and showing Ares this side of me made me a little uncomfortable and a little worried. I just want to be alone right now.

I got up from my seat and before I could fully stand up.. someone called my name.

"Roseanne?" I turned my head to see, Connor Michaels.

"Hey! How are y-" Before Connor can hug me, Ares pushed him a few steps away from me.

"What the hell!" Connor pushed Ares' hand away and glared at him.

"It's okay, Ares." I said and Ares turned to me raising his eyebrows.

"Who are you?" Ares asked him in a really cold tone.

"I'm her friend."

"Friend?" Ares turned to me.

"Highschool friend." I said to Ares.

"How are you, Rosie? It's been.. 8 years, I think." Connor said as he tried to walk closer to me but I walked backwards as he walked closer.

"Can I get a hug at least?" Connor asked and I nodded lightly. He gave me tight hug and I felt a little uncomfortable. I saw Ares looking at me coldly and he walked towards the cashier paying for the meal.

"Okay.. uhmm I need to go." I said as I pushed Connor away.

"But we-" Before he can finish his sentence, I quickly walked out from the restaurant. I looked around and he's no where to be found. I pressed the lift button.

"Wow.. he got a hug." He said sarcasticly and I turned to see Ares walking towards me with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"He's my highschool friend."

"But he said he hadn't see you in 8 years.. which me-"

"Can you stop giving me that sarcastic tone? You're treating me like you caught your girlfriend cheating."

"Because it seems like it!" He hissed and I rolled my eyes.