Chapter 6

As the bedside clock beeped, secretly whispering that the sun will now be seen overhead,
Sarakshi uncomfortably turned her back to her new patient, Hruti!

Hruti took the support of the bed stand and impatiently gulped water down her throat, her brain was too heavy for her, and her mouth, giving warnings of nauseous outbursts,

Sara's new patient had fainted during the dance rehearsals, after shrewdly being allowed by Draupadi to be called as a relative of the bridegroom and definitely not Bheem's lover.
Bheem thumped on the ground and eagerly traced all the corners of the room, he felt a part of his shred remembering the sight of her being unconscious.

"Is she alright?" He finally dusted off the uneasiness in his heart, his words pinched Sara for she had never been in such a dubious situation.

A master at her work, Sarakshi had an uncanny knowledge of her patient's condition before the latter would start cribbing, but how shall she explain to the couple that this was not an outcome of a heat stroke?

"She's pregnant" The doctor shook her head, trying to avert herself and the two from the reality.

Arjun who was messaging a friend of his dropped his phone after the sound waves hit his eardrum,
He looked at Bheem, trying to absorb the just given shock, he could think of no one but his mother, who was coming today, Pritha was unaware of the blooming relationship of her second son and now of an alleged grandchild too.

The doctor felt her nerves glitch observing the eye to eye conversation between the soon to be parents, they were not married however the lady was bearing a child.
A big sigh collapsed from her side, society blames women in such cases, she caressed the back of the lady whose eyes were flooding with tears,
The very next moment, Sara signalled Arjun to move out of the room along with her to leave the two alone.

Draupadi's vibrant yet concerned face greeted the two people,
"Let them figure out" Sara decided to keep it professional, not revealing any details about the patient to anyone, not even her sister.

Draupadi perhaps understood, after all, she had encountered the PDA of the couple twice yesterday.

"My mother will be here any moment, she's gonna sue her second son" Arjun blabbered,

"Let me handle this" her assuring words comforted him with a hopeful outlook of the situation.

The soon to be parents who were distraught before were now seen apologetically holding each other's hands,
Bheem was, again and again, reassuring Hruti of getting married as soon as they reach back home.

Bheem was vaguely affected by the news, his inner self was soaking in more glee and happiness with each passing second, his Ghatothkach was quite eager to come!

The news spread to Nakul and Sahdev who were formerly busy with few unknown girls of their age, which means, Nakul was busy with them and Sahdev had to accompany.

The twins blasted in the room with another scheme of theirs, the elder twin was always in a tiff with his second brother who would chide him for hanging out with different girls every week,
Now, what was this? He hugged Hruti who was chatting with Draupadi, his supposedly second sister in law gave him a reason to berate Bheem.

"No one is going to tell the elders" Draupadi warned of dire outcomes,
"Where's are chatterbox?" She asked, concerned.

"She's gone with Vidyut and Mr. Oberoi for some work" Shalv volunteered to tell before reverting back to his silent spectator mode.

"Is your new girlfriend a born leader?" Bheem patted on Arjun's cheek, whispering in his ears.

"Who is what?" The younger brother's fake innocence made the elder take authority.

"Whose the elder one here? I know about your date, and...I am so happy for you" the bigger man couldn't help but crush his current junior in a bear hug.

___________________________________

Pritha's overwrought steps displayed her neurotic feelings of attending her cousin's daughter's wedding,

"Background?" She had questioned Malti, Lakshana's mother to get details about the boy and his family.

Draupadi. The name struck her head like lightning striking the ground, not willing to go away,
was she the same person who had driven out the filth from each street of Aaryavarth? What if Arjun meets her?
Pritha travelled back to the day when she got to know about her past life,
Her eyes had seen a boy of five, shyly conversing with Samarth, Dev's eldest child,
Her hands gripped her saree which flowed over her abdomen, she was pregnant with Arjun that time and the boy she saw was her past life son, her eldest, Karn, who was biologically belonging to his foster parents in this birth.

Paranjay coughed softly to make her realise the present, Pritha scrutinised the bridegroom's parents who were standing in front of her, had she seen them before? Were they really people from her past?

"Where are the children?" Malti asked Prashasti.

The two mothers smiled ear to ear seeing their children guffawing and hurrying near them.

The fear within Pritha ran through her body but was not seen on her face, she composed herself before making much less facial expressions and having an attitude of embracing the reality.
"This is our Drau!" Malti pulled her daughter's best friend in a friendly hug,
The past life mother in law's heart stammered to speak a few words of introduction to Vidyut who was welcoming her, she was busy sensing the young woman whose smart uttering made Paranjay amazed.

Yes, she is the same. Her body raged war with her mind, twitching her brain, the adrenaline rushing in her system awakened the weakest point of her soul.
The girl she dreaded the most after being well acquainted with the past was finally physically in front of her, rather than harming her mental body like before.
What if the girl ruins her family peace? What if the girl unknits the knitted family, tastefully coalesced by the mother of five?

The Panchkul Family's youngest generation turned to say hello to Mrs Kuruvanshi, her first boyfriend's mother,
Draupadi's mind shrieked and whimpered in agony, a paralysing shiver offering tremors within her body,
Her heart felt a strange bond to the aged lady, unbeknownst of the past.

"Arjun, share your feats with the other four, let your brothers also celebrate your achievement"
A tiny yet sharp needle pinched the flabbergasted lady, did she hear Arjun? The dream of hers which was usually a nightmare was now like a theatrical performance in front of her, the world seemed to sweep away to make space for her hallucinations,
Her eyes bleaker noticing the man beside her in her sadist brain's favourite nightmare, the one in which she's been divided into five men, Arjun! she saw Arjun?

Lakshana's big hello to her mother's sister cut short the action of Draupadi's focusing on the other people in her weird dream.

She walked away from the gathering subconsciously, unaware of her own self, the surroundings, she walked directionless and aimless.

"Arjun!" The only words which could come out of her mouth, Did she really see Arjun?