Getting Started

Time: 8:15 am Day: Monday, May 6th

"SHIT SHIT SHIT!!" Lilly yelled as she ran through the forest dodging branches and sticks, mud covered the entire bottom half of her shoe and leaves filled her hair.
Lilly got to the edge of the forest and stopped waiting for the cars to go by "Come on, come on" she said impatiently, finally the cars stopped coming and she sprinted across the street and to the sidewalk slowing down into a walk.

Lilly rounded the corner and stood at the entrance of her new school. The open courtyard with people in little groups along the side, but no one in the middle, "Huh...weird" she said under her breath.
She walked into the middle of the courtyard and looked at everyone who all seemed to be staring at her now like they expected her to do a trick. After scanning every face, then she noticed the only person not looking at her and walked over. The girl was sitting alone at a table she had dark brown hair a little past her shoulders, a maroon hoodie, and black skinny jeans, she looked totally sucked into her phone like it was the most important thing in the world.
"Uhm...Hi" Lilly tapped her shoulder and she jumped then turned around "You scared me!! You can't ju-" she stopped mid sentence and stood up, then had the biggest and brightest smile in the world, it took Lilly a second to realize but then she knew why she was smiling and had just as big a smile as the girl "LILLY!" The girl yelled excitedly "VERONICA!?" Lilly replied in shock.

Veronica pulled Lilly into a tight hug, Lilly resting her chin on Veronicas head 'Heh, finally someone shorter than me' Lilly thought "I missed you so much!" Veronica said getting teary eyed "I missed you too!" Lilly responded.
Lilly pulled away and looked her in the eye and wiped away the forming tears, they both paused and stared at each other 'Bum, Bum, Bum, Bum' Lilly could hear her heart but then she shook her head and stepped away from Veronica "Uhm, So how have you been?" Lilly asked trying to change the subject, Veronicas big smile faded a bit "Oh I've uh, I've been great. This dimension is reeeally different from ours" Veronica let out a small laugh "Yeah I've noticed that" Lilly said feeling a bit awkward.
The bell ring and everyone ran inside "Guess we should go too" Veronica said as she started towards the front door "Yeah" Lilly replied with a sigh of relief that the awkwardness was over "Hurry up!" Veronica called already at the door "Oh! Sorry" Lilly answered as she jogged over to the door.
Time: 8:25 am