Do You Bite Your Thumb At Me, Sir?

THE FOURTH & FINAL PART

You sighed as you stood on your balcony, looking up into the night sky, praying to the skies for an answer. You turned around and went back inside, jumping onto your bed and pressing your face into your pillow. Your mother briefly made an appearance in the doorway.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" she asked.

"Marty McFly is stupid," you replied. She gave you an amused grin, then left. "And I think I like him," you added when she was gone. You groaned.

You hated Marty McFly. You hated his stupid face; his stupid hair; his stupid-cute grin; his stupid-adorable stutter; and his stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid-soft lips. You were a goner.

But the more you thought about it, the more it started to make sense. The weird feeling you got when Marty started dating Jennifer. The emptiness you felt when the two of you no longer experienced your bickering and banter every day. The warmth in your chest that appeared when Marty joined the play, despite the fact that you swore up and down that it pissed you off.

Maybe you did like him. Maybe you liked him the whole time, and you just didn't realize it. Not until you kissed him in front of the entire cast and crew. Not until he kissed you back.

A silly grin spread over your face as you remembered him clumsily tumbling to the ground afterwards. You grabbed a pillow and hugged it to your chest, letting out a sigh. "What the hell am I doing?" you whispered to yourself.

"BUT SOFT! WHAT LIGHT THROUGH YONDER WINDOW BREAKS!"

You sat up suddenly, blinking in confusion at the voice coming from outside. "What the f-?" You cut yourself off as you got up and went outside, onto the balcony. You were rendered speechless as Marty stood below, yelling at the top of his lungs.

"IT IS THE EAST! AND JULIET IS THE SUN!"

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" you whisper-yelled down to him. "People are sleeping!"

"ARISE, FAIR SUN!"

"Marty-"

"AND KILL THE, ah, uhhhhhhhh, something, MOON, WHO IS ALREADY SICK AND PALE WITH, uh, ah, oh, um, g-grief. GRIEF!"

"Marty! What are you doing?"

He grinned at you. "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm reciting lines in perfect bionic pentimeter!"

"That's iambic pentameter, Marty."

He ignored your statement and began climbing the side of your house. "IT IS MY LADY; O, IT IS MY LOVE!" he shouted.

You groaned. "Oh, for the love of God, Marty-"

"O THAT SHE KNEW SHE WERE!" He finally made it to the top, his arms grasping the balcony edge and his legs dangling. He looked at you and smiled. "She speaks, yet she says nothing. What of that?" He pulled himself over the edge and rolled onto the ground.

"What is going on, Marty?" you asked in an exasperated tone.

"I don't want to fight with you anymore," Marty said.

"Well, once the play is done, everything will go back to normal and we won't have to be around each other anymore," you said in a small voice. It hurt to say it, but it was a reflex that came from habit.

He shook his head. "No, I don't want that either. . . .Do you want that?"

"I don't know."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"I suspect you're going to."

Marty rubbed the back of his neck and you felt yourself flush involuntarily. You cursed yourself and clenched your teeth together.

"W-why-why did you kiss me?"

"I had to."

"Y-yeah, but . . . did you . . . did you want to?"

Your face felt uncomfortably hot. "I-I don't know."

"I think I wanted to."

Your eyes widened at him.
"Kiss you," he added. An involuntary smile crept onto your face, and you looked down to try and conceal it. He grinned at you. "Admit it," he said in a taunting tone, "you liked it."

You made yourself look at him. "Only if you admit that you liked it, too."

"Fine. I did."

"Okay."

"Okay!"

"Well maybe we should kiss again just to be sure!" the words were out of your mouth before you could stop them.

"Maybe we should!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!" Marty grabbed you by the waist and pulled you to him. Your eyes grew wide, and he smiled at you. You looked down briefly, then back into his blue eyes.

"I think I like you," you said. His grin widened.

"Yeah, I think I like you, too." Marty dipped you in a dramatic fashion, causing you to link your hands around his neck with a giggle.

"Thus with a kiss I die."

Two updates in one day eek. Yes, that was the last part. I'm sorry.