Clockwork

“But time is like the ocean, you can only hold a little in your hands.”

Chapter 3 – Clockwork

“Rielle?” Lillian called her, for she was worried, her friend seemed troubled. She saw trails of dried tears along her Rielle’s face.

“Lady Lillian, I’m so sorry.” She said hands on her face, she was crying again.

“Rielle, it’s alright, I’m doing well, but what happened?” Lillian asked her, she felt tired and dizzy, and she doesn’t even know what happened to her, only the dream remained in her head, but was it a dream or a memory, or did it really happen.

“Save me and everyone. Save us. Everyone is waiting for your return.”

Those words, it kept recurring in her head, ringing her ears, and making her head hurt more and more. His voice, his scent, his face, everything about Him haunted her. She felt attracted to him; her heart thumped and ached every time she thinks about him. But who was he? She have a lot of questions running through her mind right now, she felt like she turned mad but half of her believed that everything that happened was true. Getting back in reality, she gazed back at Rielle and shot her a worried look. Before she can even answer her questions her father – Joseph and Mr. Johnson went in.

“Well, Mr. Joseph Clairmont I’ll meet you again the day after tomorrow and that’s it for today.” He said gesturing at her father and bidding farewell at them. 

“Rielle may you leave us for a moment, I’ll just talk to my daughter for a while and don’t worry, I’ll just call you if we need you.” He said smiling, assuring to Rielle that everything will be fine. Rielle nodded and left both of them.

“Lillian, my precious little goddess, I’m worrying about your condition.”

Her father always calls her his precious little goddess since she is his only child. He would always tell that, she’s his most precious one together with her mother, now her father may look stern but he is really warm and loving, other people may always get to see his stern side buy they do always miss this side of him, his loving side, an ideal father he truly is. Since the day her mother died he was always depressed and broken and never were to be seen jolly anymore, he was truly broken he always drowned himself with his work and didn’t even care about his health and everything he even forgot about me his own daughter left to be taken care by maids until the doctors found out about her health conditions, that if possible enough she would have the same fate as her mother. Her father was shocked about that he wouldn’t dare to see me to die like her mother so he vowed to change on that very day and now he was always here for Lillian even though he is always busy as he was the town’s lord, after all he has to take care of the whole town after all the incidents that happened for three straight years before he was elected of the position, in her hometown, the town of Adstrum, it was still from war shock but from the start of his term everything went back to normal piece by piece. For everything that had happen to her every remora, she’s always grateful enough to have a loving and supportive father as a family and others like Rielle as precious friends that she holds close to her heart.

“Lillian, are you all right?” her father worried for he might have noticed that she had spaced out again leaving him a blank expression the whole time basing on his worried look.

“Of course father, I’m all right. Now I may say what were you telling me again about my health condition?” His cheery face a while ago went blank this time she saw that this is an important matter.

 “You see Lillian your condition, it worsened with no reasons, I’m really worried, from now on I’ll be keeping a close eye on you and please if you wish to do anything don’t hesitate to ask me.” Lillian smiled at him and she was just so happy that finally he’s allowing her to do what she would want. She hugged him as tears fell down her eyes. She believed him but the cynical side of hers doubted him, she felt that he is keeping a secret from her and she can feel it swimming in his eyes. But she brushed away the thoughts and smiled back at him.