(0.) prologue

"I will miss you so much" he told me
"I'll call you every night" he said
"And when you're back" he continued "we'll start just where we left off"

---

"Ryan I-" I sat in my bedroom, both my parents still at the hospital so I had the house to myself. The instant pain I felt when I heard those words come from his mouth hurt me like nothing else had. "-I cant believe you" I sobbed, my eyes trying to look at anything but my laptop where his face lit up my dark room. "A-and with her? Of all people, it had to be her?!"

"I'm so sorry" he told me, his head hanging low. I wanted to press 'end call' so badly, but I wanted to let him know how much he hurt me.

"No... no you're fucking not" he looked at me again. "If you were really sorry you would have told me straight away. If you were really sorry you wouldn't have fucked her for weeks. And If you were really sor-"

The front door clicked open as my dad came back home from the hospital. I sighed and closed my laptop. That would be the last time I saw his face. His stupid fucking face.

"Hows mum?" I asked my dad as I walked down the stairs, trying to act like nothing had happened. Like my whole world hadn't just crumbled to the ground.

"She's not doing well" he sighed, slight tears staring to form in his eyes. "Can you call Will?"

"Yea, yea of course"

I hurried back up the stairs and opened my laptop again, ignoring all the messages and miss calls from Ryan. All that shit about how he'll miss me and that we will start where we left things off was all billshit. Every singal word. "Alright, Quinn" Will's bubbly voice filled the quiet air, his smile formed into a frown we he saw my face. "I-is everything okay?"

"No" I told him. "Its not"

"What's wrong? Is it your mum?" He asked, his voice instantly sounded worried.

"Yeah... shes not doing well" I told him. Will's face instantly i was cut off with loud, angry footsteps coming up the stairs and my bedroom door bursting open.

"She's gone" my dad cried. "My wife... shes gone"