Chapter 3: Prejustice

Helen flew off into the distance as the mafia began firing upon Jack, Owl and Reala. The trio quickly dodged out of the hailstorm of bullets and quickly formatted a plan.

"Alright, let's do it!" Jack shouts as Reala flies out into the fray, dodging the bullets and distracting the mafia long enough for Jack to air dash right into the mafia members and bowl them over. Some of the mafia members lose their guns and Jack steals one before air dashing out of the way as the other members get up and open fire on Reala once more!

"I can't hold them off forever!" Reala shouts. "Do something, fast!"

"I gotcha!" Jack shouts as he opens fire on the mafia members. One by one the members go down before all that's left is the boss, who's turned his fire on Jack!

"Guess it's just you and me big boy!" The boss shouts as he and Jack engage in a shootout! Suddenly, Jack runs out of bullets and air dashes to safety as Reala rushes in and charges at the boss. The devilish jester manages to bury the boss into the ground with the attack, and the mafia are a threat no more.

"Whew! That was close!" Owl says as he surveys the damage done to nearby buildings.

"Anything in need of repair?" Jack asks Owl.

"Other than bullet holes here and there, we should be okay." Owl replies. "Now let's see if we can find that ideya somewhere."

"Try taking to the top." Reala says as Jack approaches two buildings that are in close proximity of one another. Using his air dash ability he jumps off the sides of the buildings like a ninja and reaches the top of one of the buildings. From here he has a clear view of the metropolis and he scans the area for any signs of Helen or her mafia lackeys. When he's sure there's no sign of the crazy girl he dashes to the top of another building and continues this process to try and find the ideya.

"That Helen girl must have hid it somewhere..." Jack mumbles as he goes from roof to roof. When he stops to take a break, something or rather someone, grabs him from behind, slams the back of his head on the ground and knocks him out for now. When Jack regains his senses, the only thing he can make out is a certain high heel gently resting on his groin. "Helen... I should have known you were-"

"You shut your mouth." Helen says. "Or I'll make you." She adds, slowly but painfully grinding her heel into his crotch. He winces and cringes at the movement but holds himself together otherwise. Helen then picks up the pace, and Jack tries to think of something before she renders him sterile.

"Oh look! It's NiGHTS!" Jack shouts out.

"NiGHTS? Where?" Helen asks, just the distraction Jack needs to push Helen off the roof of the building! Jack gets up, albeit painfully, and looks down the side of the building he pushed Helen off of. It's not long before plasma shots just miss Jack's face and Helen flies back up. "How dare you hit a girl!"

"First off I only pushed you, I didn't even hit you." Jack says in a matter of fact fashion. "Second, where did you hide my ideya? Either you tell me or I'm going to beat it out of you!"

"Like you'll ever catch me!" Helen taunts as she takes flight! Jack just manages to keep up by air dashing to various roofs, but Helen's sharp turns keep him on his A-game until finally, Jack manages to tackle Helen, bringing her down and causing the both of them to crash land on the roof of a huge corporation building. When both of them get back on their feet, something white emanates from Helen for a few seconds before it fades out, and she fires a beam of white light! Jack just manages to avoid the blast and quickly engages Helen in close combat! "What have you got on me?!" Helen taunts as she pulls out her blade and slashes at Jack.

"I've got skills that's what!" Jack shouts as he sweeps out Helen and knocks the blade out of her hands, sending it careening to the ground below. Jack air dashes out of the way as Helen brings out her blaster and starts shooting at Jack! Jack then takes advantage of her concentration and closes in, punching Helen in the face and knocking the blaster out of her hands. "Now you're weaponless!"

"Almost! Did you seriously forget what I did earlier?!" Helen taunts as she fires the white light again! Jack goes flying and lands on the edge of the roof before getting up, and he air dashes! Jack dodges the various blasts from Helen before charging at her like Reala! Jack and Helen both go flying off the roof and come crashing to the ground below, and Reala and Owl quickly rush over to see if Jack's okay.

"Ugh..." Jack mumbles as he rolls off of Helen. Both of them get back on their feet and Helen points at Jack furiously.

"You haven't seen the last of me!" Helen shouts as she flies off, presumably out of the dream, and Jack spots a chest that wasn't there before.

"I wonder what's in here." Jack says as he walks over to the chest and opens it. Inside is a white ball with a star-like thing in the center, and he absorbs this ball into himself. The persona glows with a white light before it fades out, and Jack can feel a new energy coursing through him.

"That was the ideya of purity. It's a piece of your heart." Owl says.

"Stand back, I'm about to try something." Jack says as Reala and Owl back away. Jack then fires a beam of white light, just like Helen's, and he looks at the result with a smirk. "Let's head back to the gate."

"Agreed." Reala says as the trio make their way back to the door and head back to the dream gate.