Prologue: Coalition

"Master, there is trouble stirring in Nightopia!" A deep, sharp voice cries out. In the realm of Nightmare, there is almost nothing. No platforms, no buildings, no anything really save for the lone king of Nightmare. His dark blue robes have remained unchanged, as are his head and spiky crown up top. His six hands are all still completely functional as they circle around, but they all stop upon hearing this cry. A demonic jester emerges, sporting black, white and red, and a golden, viny masquerade mask complete with a red gem in the middle. The jester has a distressed look on his face, something that surprises the master of fear.

"Reala, what is the matter?" The king's voice booms. It is abnormally deep and echoes throughout the entire dimension. "You have never shown distress up until now."

"Master Wizeman, the visitors..." Reala begins.

"What of the visitors?" Wizeman asks. "Are they the same ones that have defeated me before?"

"They are, and they have been driven mad by their own dreams!" Reala explains. "That excuse for a bird Owl rushed over to me saying how the four visitors have gone crazy, and the rebel NiGHTS is now their servant. They intend on creating their own nightmare to try and spite you!" The six eyes on Wizeman's hands blink for a few seconds as if shocked before Wizeman's head bows down to look directly at Reala.

"Something must be done about their arrogance. Has the bird managed to escape them?" Wizeman asks. "He could be... Of use..." That's when Owl flies in. His glasses have been broken, his suit tattered and his beak cracked, possibly from an assault by the mad visitors.

"Oh hoot am I glad to still be alive!" Owl shouts. "I never thought I would be requesting help from my adversary, if I can even call you an adversary now."

"I do not understand." Wizeman replies.

"NiGHTS did things only to spite you, and that included defeating you on many occasions.  He serves those visitors loyally because they are planning to rule all of the night dimension- Nightopia and Nightmare are not safe! When I tried to say otherwise the four visitors beat me bloody!" Owl frantically explains. Reala then connects appearance to event and is horrified.

"I may not like you like NiGHTS does, but not even I can stomach that." Reala replies.

"I understand the imminent threat, and something needs to be done about their... Arrogance." Wizeman says before producing a small contract. "I am not one of trickery and fraud, but we must assure ourselves that we are all fighting for one cause." And with that, Wizeman sends one of his six hands to hand Owl the contract. Despite his broken glasses, Owl can still read the details clearly, and when he finishes reading he has a ghost of a smile on his face.

"I accept the conditions." Owl says confidently, plucking one of his own feathers and sticking it where the signature would normally go. "What do you propose, Wizeman?"