Chapter 3

It is officially Thanksgiving break and I'm excited to have some time off to relax. I've been seeing Brantley every day this week. He's cooked for me at his house, we've been to see a movie, and he even took me four wheeling which was my favorite date.

It's Wednesday night and I have a lot of prepping to do for tomorrow. My sister isn't the best cook, so my family is coming to my house for Thanksgiving dinner. I hear my phone ring in my bag as I'm peeling potatoes. I see BG's picture come up on my screen and I grin. "Hello there, superstar," I tease him. "Yer gonna pay for dat, sweetheart. Whacha doin'?" he asks. "Prepping food for tomorrow. My sister can't cook for shit, so I'm stuck with the whole dinner," I tell him with a pout. "Aw want some help? I got two puppies who are whinin' cause dey miss their friend," he tempts me. "Really? Just Sy and Alley miss me?" I ask him with an attitude. "Weelll, I guess I might miss ya a lil' bit too, sweetheart," he teases me. "Well you can drop the two dogs off since they miss me so much and you can go visit your brother or your mama," I tell him with a grin through the phone. "Darlin', why ya doin' dat to me? Okay I promise dat I miss ya like crazy! I'm tryin' not to be too forward, but yes, I can't stay away. Ya got me hooked, baby girl," he admits through the phone. I giggle and reply, "I'll leave the door unlocked for you." I go and unlock the door before getting back to my potatoes.

I hear BG open the door and I call out, "In the kitchen, BG!" I pause when I hear heavy footsteps, but no dog collars jingling like I normally would. I turn away from the kitchen island and I see Jason standing in the doorway. I gasp and ask him angrily, "What the hell are you still doing here?!" "Briel, you are making a huge mistake," he tells me quietly. "I'm making a huge mistake?! You made a huge mistake when you fucked that slut!" I yell at him. "Fuck that! You are mine and I'm not leaving for New Jersey without you!" he yells and I flinch. "I'm not leaving Georgia, Jason. This is my home now and I love it here and I have friends," I explain calmly to him. "If I can't have you, Briel, then no one can," he whispers before taking a gun out of the back of his jeans. I gasp and tears come to my eyes. "Jason, please don't do this. Think of the consequences," I whisper as the tears begin to fall. "Shut up! You know, you're looking good, Bri. Real good. How bout one last time for ole times sake?" he whispers as he runs the end of the gun down my cheek and in between my breasts. I'm shaking as Jason pushes me back into the wall. "Turn around and put your hands on the wall," he commands me. "DO IT!" he yells after I hesitate. I slowly turn to face the wall. Oh god is this really going to happen? How could I have ever been in a relationship with a monster like this?

"Take your top off," he commands me as I feel him reach over and slide my sweatpants down. I'm really trying to keep it together, but the tears keep coming and I'm shaking like a leaf. "Hurry the fuck up!" he growls before pushing the gun into my back. I slide my shirt off and he roughly unclasps my bra. He rips it off of my arms and slams my hands on the wall. I start to sob and pray to God that BG or someone else will interrupt before he is able to finish this heinous act. "Mmm so soft and smooth," he groans in my ear as his one hand roams over my chest and down to my soft mound. "No, please," I whimper. "Shut the fuck up, bitch! I'm gonna take what's mine and you're gonna fucking love it," he yells in my ear. He slips his fingers in me and I try to close my legs. "Open up," he demands as he shoves my legs apart.

I'm full out sobbing and praying out loud before Jason smacks the side of my head and tells me to shut up. I feel his hardness part the lips of my heat and I chant "no no no no" when all of a sudden I feel Jason get off of me. "Mother fucker! I'll teach ya how to treat a lady!" I hear before turning around to see BG punching Jason, trying to get the gun from his grasp. I sob in relief and try to remember where I put my phone.

I dial 9-1-1 and yell to the operator that my ex-fiance has a gun and has tried to sexually assault me and my boyfriend is trying to wrestle a gun away from the crazy ex-fiance. God my life sounds like a soap opera. I hang up with her and try to locate my clothes. As I slip my sweatpants over my legs and throw on my shirt when I hear a gunshot and I gasp as I see BG holding his shoulder. "BRANTLEY!" I scream hysterically. He manages to wrestle the gun from Jason and as they're struggling the gun goes off again, but this time, Jason gets hit in the chest. "Oh my god, oh my god," I'm mumbling to myself.