j.m

young joe mazzello
[series]

young joe mazzello[series]

december 31st, 1999your povi'm happy to say that what happened at joe's house didn't interfere with our friendship

december 31st, 1999
your pov
i'm happy to say that what happened at joe's house didn't interfere with our friendship. he was acting as if it never happened, which helped me to believe that nothing was wrong. joe had invited me to the big party that he was having for new years. at first, i didn't have my heart set on going, because i knew that all the girls who were obsessed with him would be throwing themselves at him. and how right i was. weaving my way through the crowd proved to be a tough task. finally i found him, and told him i needed to talk to him, somewhere a little more quiet.

joe's pov
when y/n said she wanted to talk to me, my stomach dropped. i was almost certain she was gonna say something like 'we can't be friends anymore after what you did'. if that happened, i don't know what i would do. i really like her, but i now know for a fact that she doesn't like me back. she grabbed my hand, which set the butterflies in my stomach free, and pulled me towards the kitchen.

"joe, first things first, i'm sorry." she stated.

"sorry? sorry about what?" i replied, feeling more than confused.

"i misled you," ah fuck. this is a rejection. "when you tried to kiss me, i didn't reciprocate. which was wrong of me because i led you to believe that i don't like you back. and i don't." ok, ow. "i think i love you joe. and i know it hasn't been long, but i know for a fact that i have never felt this way about anyone else. i get nervous when i talk to you, but in a good way. i blush anytime you compliment me, when your hands touch mine, my heart melts. this is more than a small crush. i just hope you feel the same way." flabbergasted, shocked, overjoyed. each of these emotions surged into me. i smiled, indicating that i felt the same way. but i knew she would need words.

"y/n, i honestly can't believe that a girl like you feels that way about a guy like me. your mind is so creative and intelligent and your heart is made of pure gold. your smile melts my heart. i would love to ring in the new year together, as a couple." i added the last part as i heard the 30 second countdown begin.

"of course i will, joe." her eyes were bright with excitement. i pulled her in for a hug, breathing in her sweet perfume.

"10, 9, 8, 7." i whispered in her ear.

"6, 5, 4." she continued.

"3, 2, 1!" we yelled together. i leaned down and pressed a kiss against her lips. i felt her arms sneak around my neck as i lifted her for only a moment. this moment was perfect. i never wanted it to end.

your pov
i feel like i executed that conversation pretty well. i got asked out after all. and by none other than joe mazzello! as we exited the kitchen, hand in hand, we got some stares, and a couple of those nasty girls who wanted joe whispered to each other. but i didn't care. mom and dad said i had to be home by 1, so that's one more hour with my boyfriend and best friends. i could not think of a better way to start off 2000. i was in a state of total euphoria.

wc; 606 words
tried to get this one up as quickly as possible!!