Keep Fighting Or Let You Go

~~BUCKY

We arrived in the country of Wakanda in what felt like minutes and the moment the hatch doors opened they separated Ellie and I. The doctors went to work on saving her, her injuries were a lot more severe than Steve and I thought. As for me they checked the damage done to my left arm or what remained of my left arm as they bandaged the small stub. According to X-Rays I had multiple broken bones, lacerations and contusions to many organs in my body. Though my healing factor kicked in taking away most of the injuries I was still really sore. A few days had passed since the incident and I was still waiting on hearing how Ellie was doing...my heart was literally tightening in my chest when I saw a doctor enter as I thought they were there to tell me that she died. They didn't...they just checked on me and the IV that was in my right hand. Soon I saw Steve enter the room dressed in normal clothing; the cuts and bruises on his face were healed though small cuts remained.

"How are you feeling?" he asked taking a seat across from me while I sat up from the bed and swung my legs over so I could sit instead of laying down. The hospital bed here was so uncomfortable for me, Ellie and I were used to sleeping on hard surfaces for so long that comfort was now nonexistent to us.

"Almost healed

"Almost healed...can't feel my left arm though." I laughed seeing the look of confusion hit his face almost like he thought I was delirious or something. I just shook my head hoping to change the topic. "Did you hear anything on Ellie? Is she okay?"

"From what I saw she was resting...the doctors said that thanks to the healing factor you both have she was going to be okay. They are running some tests right now...you can see her after that." Steve explained I sighed with relief muttering a few thank you's to the air before I saw Steve had his head lowered right now.

"Are you okay?" I asked watching him lift his gaze to meet mine, pain was in his eyes and I could tell it was about Ellie.

"He was right...Zemo...he was right." Steve mumbled though I could still hear him as I tilted my head slightly at him.

"What are you talking about, Steve?" I wondered watching him look back up at me, I shifted a small bit in the bed while Steve's eyes looked like they were fighting back tears.

"You love her...You love her too." Steve answered shaking his head a small bit while a lump formed into my throat. I didn't know what to think right now. Was this a bad thing? Was this hurting Steve?  "He was right...Ellie was under those commands and everything I tried to do didn't work. I couldn't break her out of it...but you could...you always could because you two had been together for the last 75 years."

"Steve...?" I started watching him hold up his hand to silence me from saying anything until he was finished with whatever he was saying.

"I loved her Buck...I did...but now I don't know anymore...she's not the same girl I met in that alleyway back in 1940. I had my chance back then but I ruined it...and then she died....then I lost you. I had lived with that guilt for years until I saw her again, I saw you both again. You were both alive...but you were the enemy. Then I managed to get you both back but she's changed...I don't think she will ever be that girl again. Though I didn't want to stop until I got the old Ellie back but what I saw the past few weeks, what I saw a few days ago I knew I had to make a decision..." Steve explained looking back at me with the pain in his blue green eyes.