xviii. death of a love

Start from the beginning

...

Briefly, a rumbling motion opened my senses again then slowly my ears detected the chugging of an old coal train. I can hear its robust engine running while the squeaking of the side rods scratched the tendrils of my sensitive ears as if I was one of the train wheels in friction. The skittish feeling didn't help my anxiety but I decided to wake my eyes. Then I saw my view, I was inside of one of its coaches. A white table was in front of me, with golden forks and knives and with a decent table lamp standing on the side. My feet can feel the cold carpet ground but when my eyes started to gaze in front I noticed a lady sitting across me, it was an obvious female since her long hazel hair shingled from her sides but her face was covered over the Time Magazine that she was reading so I still couldn't identify who. Yet I was sure that I was with a presence all too familiar.

"Do you think this Keynes capitalism theory will thrive through? He's one ambiguous economist, I see." The bizarre and overfamiliar voice fiddled me as I keenly read through the cover page of the magazine she was reading. John Maynard Keynes. Oh, I know him in the books. He's in our Business History Class. the British economist who introduced macroeconomics in the late 30s then his fundamentals peaked in the 60s up until the 21st century. He was a great pioneer of the Keynesian Economics.

"Uh—he is a promising act. I'm certain that he'll change worldwide economics." I tried to sound nonchalant as I replied. "You seem so sure." She released a tone so skeptic as she let down of the paper and revealed her face to me. I could only tremble in surprise.

My body paused as I scanned her through and through. I can feel my orbs dilate as I was having a hard time believing what's in front of me. The sharp eyes, the feminine tanned skin, the skinny physique, the precise collarbones, the cherry reddish lips, was the same as mine. It was like seeing a reflection across the table.

It was—me?

No.

That can't be possible

But

Perhaps, it was Jen?

"You do know he'll get in trouble with the government if this macroeconomics of his pisses their monopoly." She continued her stance while I was flabbergasted looking at her orbs. The energy radiating from it was obscurely different from mine, it was full of esteem and prestige. A woman of worlds, too tantalizing to behold.

"Jen Kim?" My jaw dropped since I was not paying attention to her words. I can't believe I'm staring at a soul of my past life. It was really her. Lisa's Jen Kim. She's here.

"You say my name as if you don't know me." Jen's lips questioned what I said, but so did I. "I've never met you." I replied with honesty. "But you've met my life." She quickly stated, goosebumps nailed my skin. She's aware. "My people told you who I am." Jen added as she ships her english tea with much more composure compared to my state.