Chapter 17: Regina's Happy Ending

** This chapter has sexual content

Chapter 17: Regina's Happy Ending

Emma lay in bed that evening, with Regina tucked against her side cozily. There was a change in the brunette when she had met them at Granny's by late afternoon. She had entered the diner apologizing for being a little late, which was strange because the former mayor was impeccably punctual, and she was smiling. There was almost a skip to the woman's step.

To make matters even more unusual, she had mentioned that she had bumped into Tinkerbell on the docks, which had worried Emma initially, thinking it might have been a bad meeting for Regina, but she was actually quite happy. What did that mean? Whenever Tinkerbell and Regina talked, they talked about Robin and the whole soul mate thing. Is that what they had spoken about? Did Tink tell Regina something more about her destiny? About Robin Hood? About her happy ending? About Robin Hood and her happy ending?

"And what of Hood? What if he were to ever come back?"

Emma frowned at the ceiling. The recollection of Hook's words was sudden and unwelcome. She looked down at the woman sleeping beside her, whose cheek was resting on her chest. My Queen. All mine.

The blonde smiled sweetly at how Regina's long lashes laid lightly upon her own cheek and she moved slightly to kiss the crown of the older woman's head. She felt quite lucky to probably be the only one in Storybrooke, besides Henry... and maybe her mother, who had ever seen Regina without any makeup on. Her face was scrubbed clean and she was still so amazingly beautiful.

"I can't sleep..." Emma heard an instant murmur. She looked down and saw Regina's eyes flutter open.

"No? Why not?"

"Because the wheels in your head are turning so loudly." Regina placed a kiss above her breast and then propped herself up on her elbow and looked down at the younger woman, "What are you thinking so intently about that you are unable to sleep?"

"I was thinking about your eye lashes." A response that caused the queen's head to pull back in surprise. Emma was unsure of whether she wanted to reveal all that she was thinking without giving it more thought.

"My eye lashes?"

"Mmm-hmmm..." Emma moved up, over and then above Regina, whose inviting smile told Emma that she was well aware of Emma's intentions and that she was more than willing. "...and your gorgeous eyes and your soft delectable pillow lips..." Emma punctuated that last remark with a sound kiss, "My Queen is absolutely stunning, even without her make up..." and then she remembered something, "....or all that war paint the Evil Queen used to wear."

Regina snorted but still ran her hands up and down Emma's back teasingly and then she cupped the blonde's behind lovingly.

Emma kissed her and reveled in Regina's scorching touch. "And those headdresses... tell the truth... you don't miss those, right? It looked like you were wearing a dead bird on your head." That earned her a playful pinch from the sexy woman lying beneath her.

"I had a reputation to protect, dear; to strike fear into the hearts of millions. I could not properly do that without sporting the appropriate attire or without 'the face'." Regina's grin was huge and Emma was amazed that suddenly, they were able to joke about the Evil Queen together. This was definitely a good sign especially for Regina and the future.

"What? Looking like a vampire?" Emma kidded, which got her another pinch from Her Queen on the other side. "Ow!" She feigned complaint while Regina snickered. So sexy. "When you captured me at Midas' ball, I thought you were going to eat me." Emma took both of Regina's hands and held them captive above the brunette's head while skating her lips across Regina's jaw and then rimming Regina's earlobe with her tongue.