Chapter 5 ~ Geh... I-It's a Capture Target!

Start from the beginning

This time though, I think I know why they froze like that. It's definitely because dad is still carrying me in his arm!

I've begged him to put me down several times but he just doesn't listen! He just mumbled something about protecting his beautiful sheep from wolves...

...Yeah, I don't understand either.

Anyway, right after we arrive at dad's office, Axel went somewhere. Does he have a different workplace?

Then when we entered dad's office, I was stunned.

On his desk were mountains of papers stacked on each other. I looked at it with wide eyes and opened mouth.

"D-Dad... Do you have to finish all of this today?"

"...I come early and go home late because I can't."

Dad looked tired even before he started.

Wow... I guess it's a good thing I decide to help huh. Well, I know that I might not qualified to do a prime minister's job but I'll do what I can.

"T-Then let's start now so we can go home and eat dinner with mommy."

"Okay."

Dad smiled at me. Then Axel came bringing a small stool and table.

"Young miss, please use this."

Oh, how thoughtful! As expected of dad's trusted assistant.

"Thank you very much, Axel-san!"

To my smile, Axel blushed and replied with a smile too.

"You are very welcome, young miss."

Unknown to me that dad shot a glare at him for a second.

Well then, let's go to work!

-------------------------------------------------------X------------------------------------------------------------

A week has passed since I started helping dad with his job.

I would like to say, I did a great job helping! Though... I think dad and the people in the palace were overreacting a bit...

To put it simply, the documents that dad had to process were written in such a messy way. Especially the accounting ledgers and request forms from nobles.

Are you sure the people who made this got the qualifications to do their job?!

Because of that, I made a proper accounting ledger format that I learned in my previous life to sort out the budgeting problem dad was having trouble with and made a proper standard form for requests.

When dad and Alex saw me working, they froze for a second and began showering me with praises and started calling me a genius and prodigy.

"My daughter is a such genius! She's truly my and Lisa's angel!"

"How amazing! This will solve all our problems, increase the accuracy, and allow us to find any misdeeds more easily! My lady, you are truly a prodigy like what madam and sir Altair said."

Aaaaand... News about me being a genius spread around the castle like wildfire. At this point, everyone I meet in the palace know about me and bowed to me like I was some bigshot. And they still blushed and stutter when I walk past them, talked or even just smile at them even though I've gone here several times already.

Even the King and Queen know about my achievement and said they wanted to see me. Well... I'm gonna be seeing them either way since the king also wanted to engage Alterisa with his son in the game. That was actually why Alterisa was able to get engaged to him that easily.