Chapter 17

Jason's pov

So I am at school just chilling at my locker with Melina and Amber.

"How's Jay doing?" Melina asks me

"He's doing alright he's at home resting we figured we would let him stay home today and let him come take his first exam tomorrow" I say as I saw Jasper heading down the hall to French class.

"I hope he feels better oh yeah how are things going with Jai?" Amber asks me

"Oh their going great I get to officially see him every Friday and Saturday so I feel good about that. I just hope that it's not too late for me to be in his life you know cause two months ago our dad came back into our lives" I say as I look down at them.

"Jase it's not too late and it's defiantly not too late for your dad to come back into your life either" melina says as the bell rings for lunch.

As we headed towards the cafeteria I ran into Destiny and James. I'm assuming that they're together because everywhere I go I see them together.

"Will Jason McCann please report to the office?"

"Uh okay I'll see you guys in class" I say as I walk down the hall and into the office. I stepped inside and walked up to Mrs. Allen's desk

"You uh called for me" I say

"Yes you have a phone call" she tells me I furrowed my eyebrows together and put the phone to my ear.

Jason: hello?

Amy: hey I uh need you to pick up Jai from school today

Jason: why can't you do it?

Amy: cause I'm working late and I don't get off till seven and Brandon cant pick Jai up because he doesn't get off till eleven

Jason: yeah I'll pick him up from school at least I get to see my son before Friday bye

I hung up the phone and ran my hands over my face and left the office. I walked out the door and headed for whatever class that I have right now because the bell is about to ring any minute now.

"Hey why did you have to go to the office?" Melina asks me

"Oh Amy just decided to call me and tell me that I have to pick up Jai from school because her and her oh so perfect boyfriend can't do it because they're both working late" I say as I sit down.

"So your mad about that?" Amber asks me

"No I'm not mad it's just she could have texted me instead of calling me while I'm in school. Like who is she my mother?" I ask as I started my work.

Justin's pov

I am waking up and heading to the kitchen to find me something to eat. As I opened the fridge there was a knock at the front door. I looked at the clock above the stove and it's three o'clock. I furrowed my eyebrows while shutting the fridge. All the curtains are closed I walked up to the door and looked through the peephole.

I couldn't really focus my eye on what or who it is because I'm extremely tired. When the person stood in my view I honestly couldn't tell who it was so I just walked away from the door and went back into my room. All the doors and windows in the house are locked.

I laid back down and played a game on my phone with my earbuds in. As I was playing I got a text from Jason.

Jason: hey little bro I'll be home soon I gotta go pick up Jai from school

Justin: alright love you

Jason: love you too

I went back to playing my game and I finally beat level 84