FOUR ⚡️ TRY HARD

Start from the beginning

"You enjoy singing?" Wally asked with a smile.

"Love it. It's something to do when I'm down here," I shrugged. I hoped he wouldn't ask me to sing for him. I had never sung seriously for anyone but the villains at our holiday parties.

"So these villains... They're like family to you?"

"Yeah. We're like a dysfunctional family with a bunch of drunk uncles who plot taking over the world every other week. Either way, we all love each other. What about you and your family?"

"The team is my family, and Uncle Flash and his wife. My parents, well they weren't exactly 'loving' before I became Kid Flash," Wally smiled, but I could tell it was fake.

"That must have been terrible," I sympathized, "But to have you come out so strong and- Alright, I'm sorry but I can't do this anymore!"

"Do what, what's wrong?" Wally stood up with me, worried I did something wrong.

"Harley and I didn't just watch Disney movies, I uh, I asked her about guys," I looked at my feet in shame, flushing red, "I know it was weird and it's Harley but she's great at giving advice on other things because she was a therapist and yeah..."

"You asked Harley how to talk to guys?" Waly repeated slowly, not believing his own words.

I nodded, shutting my eyes in shame. I was waiting for him to yell at me, or just leave. I thought I had blown the one chance I had at a slightly normal friendship. I was going to go back to being alone, well, alone in an isolated apartment with villains visiting every once in a while. If he left, I would go back to my life like I never met him, becoming indifferent to the outside world like I was before. He changed everything.

"You did that for me?" Voice quiet, he took a step closer to the glass. I opened my eyes back up. It wasn't the reaction I was expecting, "No one has ever gone through that much trouble for me before. Unless helping me out on missions counts."

"Of course I did. You're my friend and I didn't want to screw this up." I laughed in relief, putting my hand against the glass. Wally grinned, placing his hand over mine.

"You were doing just fine already," he assured.

"Thanks. So, about your parents..."

~*~

Hours later I was still sitting on the floor laughing with Wally. Harley's advice was long forgotten as the night went on. The more Wally laughed with me, the more my conversation about leaving early vacated as well.

An hour after I admitted asking for advice I stopped in my room to change into sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I liked feeling comfortable and not feeling the need to dress to the nines for him.

"I have to go, it's already eleven," Wally sighed, checking his phone for the time.

"Wally," I called out absently, glancing at the ceiling.

"Hmm?"

"Next time you come over, do you want to come inside?"

Wally's eyes widened, "Would that be going too fast?"

"It's not like I asked you to move in with me. You're my friend," I laughed at his shock, running on fumes in terms of confidence, "All the villains came straight in when we first met. Besides, you're my only non-villain friend. You deserve to see me face to face, not with a glass wall between us."

"I can't wait," Wally nodded with a grin, "I'll be here on Friday, that way we won't have to worry about time."

"Until then Kid Flash."