SEVEN ⚡️ RETRIEVAL

I don't own anything except my original/own characters and my original plot. Hero costume in the picture above. It was made using Dolldivine.com, the design is mine but the website used to make it is not and I'm not claiming I own Dolldivine.

⚡️

Chapter 7-Retrieval

⚡️

WAKING UP THE NEXT MORNING I DIDN'T PUT THE PIECES TOGETHER. I woke up slowly, blinking time and time again to clear my vision. Pushing my covers down I rolled out of bed, rubbing my eyes. Still locked in my haze, I robotically walked towards my door. Only, when I reached out for the doorknob, there was nothing.

"Oh," it was a plain wall in front of me. Finally, taking in my surroundings, I remembered where I was. I wasn't home, in my own bed. I was stuck with the heroes, who stole me from my abode.

"Knockity knock knock," M'gann chirped from the real door, the early time not affecting her usual mood.

"It's open," I called, still recovering from my realization.

M'gann stepped inside with a pile of clothes in her arms. She was wearing civvies as well. Quickly approaching, she held out the outfit. I took it from her arms, waiting for her to say something else.

"I'll be in the kitchen making breakfast, Conner will be there too, obviously. Go ahead and change and meet us out there. Do you prefer pancakes or french toast? Are there any allergies I should know about? Actually, nevermind, I can just find it in your mind. See you out there!"

M'gann levitated out the door before I could open my mouth to speak. Staring at the closed door in shock, it took ALICE speaking to pull me from my trance.

"Is everything alright, Miss (Y/n)?"

"Fine, everything's fine," I muttered, hands going to my pajama shirt to take it off.

Changing into the jeans and bright t-shirt, I stepped into the bathroom connected to my room. A quick search through the drawers revealed everything the average teenage girl would have. When and how they got those things I didn't know.

When I finished in the bathroom, I walked to the kitchen. Conner was sitting the counter, watching M'gann fly around to grab different ingredients.

"Oh good, you're here! Would you like to help me make breakfast?"

"Sure," I answered hesitantly.

Stepping up to the stove, I couldn't help but wonder how M'gann managed to be so happy surrounded by hypocritical heroes. Faintly, I thought her happiness could contribute to the hypocrisy of the hero world.

~*~

Later that night, the rest of the team arrived to train and discuss a new mission Batman had given them.

"This is where we keep our suits when we aren't using them." A double door swung open in front of us. Inside, was a moderately sized room with seven glass cases lined up inside, "M'gann and Conner don't really need a case but it's symbolic."

"You heroes like your flair," I stared at the showing cases, "The villains keep their uniforms in their closets."

Wally chuckled, zooming over to a case holding a costume I had never seen before.

"This is yours. The heroes finished designing it last night. Do you like it?"

"I love it."

It was grey, with two black stripes climbing up the side. The zipper was on the front, different, but not unwelcome. Elbow high gloves were under a pair of shorter wrist guards. A black belt with several pockets was on the waist, and a thigh holster held a few, smaller items such as a lock pick.